latest on pueblo 2/23 LOOKING GOOD - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default latest on pueblo 2/23 LOOKING GOOD

i just cane back from the lake. last week the water level was 4860.00 this week it is 4861.57 for an increase of 1.57 feet. i went to turkey creek and the water is back to the RR bridge, and there is about 4 to 5 acres of open water that is fishable now. out at the mouth of turkey creek you can fish open water off of both the east and west points, the west point you cant cast as far as the ice the east side you can cast to the ice.
then i went to the dow boat ramps, the short one is about 1/3 under water but it is iced in and the gate is closed, the west one has open water of about10-15 acres and you can launch a boat 50 hp or less. looking out to midway island from there it looks like the island will be gone next week, i think only the brush will be out of the water.

if the weather keeps up like this all of the ice will be gone in 10 days or less if the wind blows hard.
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: latest on pueblo 2/23 LOOKING GOOD

Thanks for the report Byron, sounds like good. Now we've got the water now all we need is the fish.
lazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just let us know when the fish are biting and we will be there........ I expect the crappie action to start in about 3 weeks if the sun and wind stay here. 3 weeks from now is when we strated on them last year,,, hoping for a repeat....
fishinwithlund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

where are some good spots for crappie? i fished navajo this summer and used a 2 jig set up.
yotafly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in