Positive ion charges attracting fish? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Positive ion charges attracting fish?

Electric downriggers that make the fish bite?

"The Digi-Troll IV HS incorporates Cannon’s Positive Ion Control (PIC) technology. PIC is based on the fact that when the metal components of a boat – such as the motor and downrigger cable – contact the water, they create a steady but unpredictable electrical charge in the water. The strength and type of charge varies greatly depending on the different types of metals contacting the water and the mineral content or conductivity of the water. Since fish are attracted by a slight positive charge and repelled by a strong positive or a negative charge, generating and controlling the correct charge can be critical to the success of your fishing. Only Cannon electric downriggers send a slight constant positive charge down the cable to attract fish to your bait or lure."

Last edited by Fordo; 02-26-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Fordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess if you troll and don't have a Cannon now you have another excuse when you don't catch anything.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

They've offered that for a while. Not sure if I have ever seen evidence it really works.
pistoldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016, 04:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Im not a troller at heart, but if want to consistently get customers to catch fish during the dog days of summer at Dillon i'm going to have to become one. ive gotten started with an older hand crank cannon, and i think the whole process of running downriggers sucks.
I'm looking at getting two electrics to rig on my 22 foot pontoon. any info suggestions and reviews of electric riggers would be appreciated. I am going to fabricate some pedestal type mounts, then I am looking to have a professional wire them to my battery and sync them with my sonar unit. If anybody knows who can do this, please let me know. Thanks.
Fordo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordo View Post
Im not a troller at heart, but if want to consistently get customers to catch fish during the dog days of summer at Dillon i'm going to have to become one. ive gotten started with an older hand crank cannon, and i think the whole process of running downriggers sucks.
I'm looking at getting two electrics to rig on my 22 foot pontoon. any info suggestions and reviews of electric riggers would be appreciated. I am going to fabricate some pedestal type mounts, then I am looking to have a professional wire them to my battery and sync them with my sonar unit. If anybody knows who can do this, please let me know. Thanks.
MathGeek (MIT Engineer)
Old 02-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Manuals work fine if your doing a structure-less lake, but it sure sucks ass when you hit a rise or hump and the whole mess gets caught up, so the electric way with an interface to your sonar is a wise idea Fordo.

Bottom track is the feature Cannon has to keep you a preset distance off the bottom.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
MathGeek (MIT Engineer)
He's not claiming MIT is he?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

i like the Cannon mag 10s that I use in AK The auto up is a great feature.
Back in the 90s I had the top of the line bottom track feature that worked great for following bottom contours that I let go with the boat when I sold it.
Never replaced them, since I don't troll for Lake Trout anymore theres not a need for bottom tracking.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoldog View Post
He's not claiming MIT is he?
I heard some grads of the SPJ School of Private Investigation found it to be true...
Old 02-27-2016, 07:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordo View Post
I've fished with enough guides running down riggers over the years that we worked hard to avoid them when developing our precision trolling techniques which have tended to out catch other boats running downriggers. If you don't need to go deeper than 30-40 feet, we have found a combination of diving planers and copper line (not on the same rod) can do very well once you learn to associate line out (line counter reels) with running depth and used the electronics to tell you how deep to run the lures. The horizontal spread allowed by this approach puts most of the lures out of the wake and shadow of the boat and also allows trying more combinations of depths, lures, and colors to figure out quickly what is working that day. When the wind is not blowing and the boat tracks straight, we could fish 8 rods at a time. On windier days, we only fish six. Of course, there are some tricks needed to land fish without getting them all tangled. I think I may still have the copper line we took off to respool those reels for bull reds and sharks in Louisiana. PM me an address and I'll ship it to you if you want.

I'm planning a longer post to explain in more detail once I have a chance to write it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in