Lagerman - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lagerman

Hey Everyone,
I'm new here. I'm a Colorado native, now living in Longmont. I live about 5 minutes from Lagerman Reservoir and I'm determined to catch a fish there! So far I've been out there four times and I haven't got a nibble. However, I tend to go there with my kids at terrible times (Sunday afternoon)

That being said, I was out there yesterday late afternoon and mid-day today. I thought for sure the fish would be biting because the ice just came off last week! Nada.

I tried worms, salmon eggs, spoons, Rapalas, jigs. Nothing. I am detrmined though!

PS - I know my kids are tired of it because there is no action. Any place around here for kids (9 and 11 years old)
hjoesaar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Take the kids to St. Vrain State Park across town and fish Sandpiper or Coot ponds for trout. Lagerman is always a tough bite! Always!
PerchJerker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Lagerman sucks unless you're a skilled carp fisherman. I live 5 min away also and never fish it. You could try McCall for stocker trout. Not my kind of crowd though.
fishslap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've never fished it but have heard Izaak Walton is a good place to take kids. It's open to kids only so you won't be able to fish unless you're helping the kiddos.

From what I've heard they stock several species in there, not just trout.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishslap View Post
Lagerman sucks unless you're a skilled carp fisherman. I live 5 min away also and never fish it. You could try McCall for stocker trout. Not my kind of crowd though.
Everything being said is good info. At Lagerman try for wiper, there most likely gonna be on the smaller side (heard it got fished hard when they put em in). It has a higher salinity than most lakes and fish have a hard time there. Except for the wipers. Git some.
jimt72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2016, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Not my kind of crowd though.
And why not? What's wrong with that crowd?
Old 02-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post
And why not? What's wrong with that crowd?
I tried it several years back. Lot's of litter. People setup close to other groups. Crowded. Music playing. Put and take kind of fishery from what I could tell. That kind of stuff. Just not relaxing for me but might be for others. Does that answer your question or were you hoping for something different?

I only recommended it because I know it is one of the few places in the area that gets stocked with trout and might provide some action for the kids.
fishslap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I tried it several years back. Lot's of litter. People setup close to other groups. Crowded. Music playing. Put and take kind of fishery from what I could tell. That kind of stuff. Just not relaxing for me but might be for others. Does that answer your question or were you hoping for something different?

I only recommended it because I know it is one of the few places in the area that gets stocked with trout and might provide some action for the kids.
Kinda. Sorta. Do it once, it might be a coincidence. Do it twice, it's a pattern...
Old 02-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

AO are you fishing?

S. Sadil
CF LURKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF LURKER View Post
AO are you fishing?
Sadly, I am at best "fishing" online... If you are trying to tell me that I need to go fishing, point well taken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in