Common Courtesy - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2016, 01:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Common Courtesy

I hit some water tonight to get some eyes. There was a group of guys fishing near me, all with their lights off. All of the sudden this guy walks up next to where I was fishing, turns his super bright headlamp on and shines it directly in front of me, clearly right where I was fishing. I asked him politely if he could turn it off, he turned and looked right at me, turned around and proceeded to keep doing it. NOT COOL! The fact that you came up and did that was really rude and indicative of your lack of walleye knowledge but completely ignoring my polite request was a whole other level of obnoxious. Hopefully you'll read this so you come to the realization that doing stuff like that really isn't kosher. Like two minutes later your two buddies walked right up to me. As soon as they got close, they shut their lamps off and we had a friendly 30sec conversation. Be more like your friends.

P.S. I had a handful of hits and had two fish on for a while, one of which felt pretty nice. Didn't land any but it was still fun getting out. Congrats to all the guys posting nice walleye. I am still chasing mine but hopefully soon...

Last edited by whompuscat658; 03-15-2016 at 01:39 AM.
whompuscat658 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 01:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

You cant fix brain dead...Trump have a brother?
Old 03-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Don't let ish like that bother you young Whompus. He was probably trying to spook you off your spot seeing that you were alone. Stand your ground and fish where you want to buddy. It's a free country and you paid for your license too. Lots of tards like that around that think the same way.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yup,

Happened to me at Forebay this weekend. Pretty remote area already and hiked to the back side where it was just me and a kayaker. Within a half hour two guys came up and started to fish literally twenty feet away and the about five minutes later a whole family within twenty yards to my right. Two or three miles of shoreline and less then ten people on the entire lake and they got to come and crowd me? Totally took my ability away to cast anything other than straight out. Packed up and left immediately. Came across a dead wolverine though. That was pretty cool.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompuscat658 View Post
I hit some water tonight to get some eyes. There was a group of guys fishing near me, all with their lights off. All of the sudden this guy walks up next to where I was fishing, turns his super bright headlamp on and shines it directly in front of me, clearly right where I was fishing. I asked him politely if he could turn it off, he turned and looked right at me, turned around and proceeded to keep doing it. NOT COOL! The fact that you came up and did that was really rude and indicative of your lack of walleye knowledge but completely ignoring my polite request was a whole other level of obnoxious. Hopefully you'll read this so you come to the realization that doing stuff like that really isn't kosher. Like two minutes later your two buddies walked right up to me. As soon as they got close, they shut their lamps off and we had a friendly 30sec conversation. Be more like your friends.
"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."

-Anton lavey

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanlee View Post
Yup,

Happened to me at Forebay this weekend. Pretty remote area already and hiked to the back side where it was just me and a kayaker. Within a half hour two guys came up and started to fish literally twenty feet away and the about five minutes later a whole family within twenty yards to my right. Two or three miles of shoreline and less then ten people on the entire lake and they got to come and crowd me? Totally took my ability away to cast anything other than straight out. Packed up and left immediately. Came across a dead wolverine though. That was pretty cool.
Pics?
Wolverine live or dead is rare as hell.
troutnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."

-Anton lavey
Wow, I didn't know you were a Trump fan.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Wow, I didn't know you were a Trump fan.
His proposal for tax brackets is pretty sick. Same with the abolishment of the death tax.

I also like how he plans on corralling all the Mexicans into rail cars and gassing them in zyklon b showers. I already have my son signed up for his "trump youth" program... Hail the toupee fuhrer.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanlee View Post
Yup,

Cross their lines a few times, say "I've got a big ass one on the line!" , and cut off their line when you haul it in. Perhaps they'll get the hint.
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut View Post
Pics?
Wolverine live or dead is rare as hell.
Got footage on gopro. Try to get them up tomorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in