HELP!!!!!!!: Fishful Thinker (Chad,Ronny)/Tightline Outdoors (Nate/Will) and Terry W - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2016, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default HELP!!!!!!!: Fishful Thinker (Chad,Ronny)/Tightline Outdoors (Nate/Will) and Terry W

Wickstrom's Radio Show (all of the title wouldn't fit)

Hey guys it's 4 am I just finished re-listening to Terry Wickstrom's last week radio show because I remembered Terry saying that someone else was doing the show the next 2 weekends as Terry is on "assignment". Terry mentioned that Ronny Castiglioni and Will Dykstra will be tag team hosting the show the next 2 weekends at the new summer time of 9 am to 11 am on Saturday. Any chance that someone close to them or if they read this could get some additional traction to the Rifle Gap issue of more western slope fisheries being compromised? Maybe get Lori Martin, CPW bio responsible for Rifle Gap or one of the higher ups on air to discuss? And at a bare minimum get this continuing issue of threatening to kill game fish in some of our better fisheries on the western slope such as Rifle Gap and Elkhead and the elimination of upper level predators (mature lake trout) at Blue Mesa out in the open? At bare minimum this is half the time a fishing show and shouldn't Terry's show be the perfect place to bring these issues to light? It also sounds like there will be an upcoming anglers round table on this.

Thanks for doing whatever you can do these next weekends as you have the voice that can get it out there. The Colorado fishing community is counting on you! The latest info from the petition thread follows gotta go to work in 3 hours time for bed!

Mark (Zman)

Mar 31, 2016 — Just had a 40 minute conversation with Lori Martin (CPW Biologist), they will be holding off on their gill netting operations in Rifle Gap until further input from local anglers and they take another look into the current management plan. There will be another round table meeting in Rifle in the next 2-3 weeks to discuss the management plan for the lake and to talk about other management options. She did say that no gill netting has been done as of yet, rumors going around are false. She also said the petition and all the traffic on social media has caused quite a stir with her upper management. They were scheduled to put nets in today and called it off due to the overwhelming surge in phone calls and emails from upset anglers. She also went into how there is a chance to save the existing walleye in the lake, it will take a lot of legwork on their part. From I got from my conversation with Lori, she wants to help. She seemed genuinely upset with the situation. I will keep everyone posted on when this meeting is and it would be great to see some faces from the eastern slope as well as the western slope, her words were the more people we can gather the better chance we will have!

Last edited by Zman; 03-31-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Zman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Terry Wickstrom Outdoors is on the air on Saturday mornings from 9 am to 11 am at 104.3 FM on the radio dial in the Denver area and the station streams live telecasts at

http://www.1043thefan.com/

I encourage every one to tune in and listen when you can because it is a good show with many helpful topics and especially the next couple of weekends to see where the Rifle Gap saga goes. At some point we have to say OH HELL NO! to the beating our western slope fisheries are taking. Who knows your prized body of water may be next!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Northwest Regional office has done a fine job of saying one thing and doing another. Lori is an old school fish killer now. I remember vividly when she was hired and Bill Elmblad was her boss and he is the one who stocked the Walleye in 72, those were his babies and now she can just kill, kill, kill. He created the spawning mats. She kills.

18" limit, triploids, signs and employees promoting the assault. It is a big stinky game they play trying to rule our waters. Brauch, Martin, Hebein...these folks have done more wanton waste of our fishes than any poacher has ever even thought about doing.
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Here is my letter to Lori...good Lord I am apolitical as anyone gets...

hopefully if CPW gets on the show it isnt a big softball question lovefest...

Hi Lori,

I used to moderate on the website https://www.coloradofisherman.com/ and butted heads with what I thought were extremist thought patterns out of western slope fisherman that would post griping about the kill everything but trout mentality out of the then Division of Wildlife. After reading about the recent events at Rifle Gap I am not so sure they were that far off base. I have started threads on both Colorado Fisherman and Fish Explorer asking the hosts of this weeks Terry Wickstrom Outdoors radio show to get Colorado Parks and Wildlife on the show and get to the bottom of this. Below is a link to the thread and as you can see one your old buddies from the west slope chimed in. How about someone from Colorado Parks and Wildlife gets on the show and explains CPW's position once and for all?

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Mark

The link

https://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...l-terry-w.html

Last edited by Zman; 03-31-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Zman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Good stuff Z.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
P I K E

Good ideas Boblob!!!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Good stuff Mark, thanks for all you do man!

Last edited by WestSloper; 04-03-2016 at 01:06 PM.
WestSloper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Keep it up, Zman, good job.
blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well done; if nothing else it will get the conversation going.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

ttt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in