Golly, that's a big fish! - Colorado Fishing Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northglenn, CO
Posts: 9,142
Default Golly, that's a big fish!

https://m.facebook.com/stvrainstatep...ce=54&refid=17

Hope they figured out how to get the y bones out of that.
__________________
I'm here to ruin it for ya,... I, spoiler.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aofisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Hope they figured out how to get the y bones out of that.
No need to. That's only a problem for civilized peeps. My 10 year old can eat around it...
__________________
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than a dollar bill, yet nothing can resist it."
- Lao Tzutong
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
muninoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
https://m.facebook.com/stvrainstatep...ce=54&refid=17

Hope they figured out how to get the y bones out of that.
I can't view Facebook at work, but I imagine that is of the Asian family that caught the giant pike? They were complaining on Fish Exploiter that it should have been released, if this is the same pic.
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aofisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muninoel View Post
I can't view Facebook at work, but I imagine that is of the Asian family that caught the giant pike? They were complaining on Fish Exploiter that it should have been released, if this is the same pic.
Same pic. Dave just wants to get back at me because I disagree with his political views... LAME!
__________________
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than a dollar bill, yet nothing can resist it."
- Lao Tzutong
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
muninoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post
Same pic. Dave just wants to get back at me because I disagree with his political views... LAME!
I got a not so nice reply to my post on the site that shall not be named, because I said that family was absolutely beaming over catching that big fish and they were within their rights to keep it, and they enjoyed all facets of the sport - catch, prepare and eat! The eternal debate over C&R versus enjoyment of eating the big one continues!
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northglenn, CO
Posts: 9,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post
Same pic. Dave just wants to get back at me because I disagree with his political views... LAME!
This is why i hate the internet.

Do you REALLY think this?
__________________
I'm here to ruin it for ya,... I, spoiler.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aofisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
This is why i hate the internet.

Do you REALLY think this?
The timing was suspicious... But whatever. I ain't gonna delve on it. Moving on.
__________________
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than a dollar bill, yet nothing can resist it."
- Lao Tzutong
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aofisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muninoel View Post
I got a not so nice reply to my post on the site that shall not be named, because I said that family was absolutely beaming over catching that big fish and they were within their rights to keep it, and they enjoyed all facets of the sport - catch, prepare and eat! The eternal debate over C&R versus enjoyment of eating the big one continues!
I saw the post a couple of days ago and declined to comment. It was just the usual C&R debate and a fairly clean one.
__________________
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than a dollar bill, yet nothing can resist it."
- Lao Tzutong
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northglenn, CO
Posts: 9,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post
The timing was suspicious... But whatever. I ain't gonna delve on it. Moving on.
Political posts are just political posts. In the grand scheme of things I really don't care if people are republican or democrat. If people all agreed on opinions we'd be sheep.

At this point you should know I wouldn't go there with you.

I'm kinda bummed that you'd think that.
__________________
I'm here to ruin it for ya,... I, spoiler.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aofisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Political posts are just political posts. In the grand scheme of things I really don't care if people are republican or democrat. If people all agreed on opinions we'd be sheep.

At this point you should know I wouldn't go there with you.

I'm kinda bummed that you'd think that.
Honestly, It is hard sometimes to know what you are thinking. I say a lot of stuff tongue in cheek online, but there are certain things that won't say, just because it can be grossly misconstrued. To respond to your PM: I never suggested you were making a racial diss. I did think you posted it because they were Asian and that might get me going. In this case, I doesn't matter that they are Asian. No one brought up their race or made comments about it. It's just another C&R debate as I said previously. Anyway, let's put this behind us.
__________________
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than a dollar bill, yet nothing can resist it."
- Lao Tzutong
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BIG lure, BIG fish steelfish Colorado Fishing Lounge 24 04-08-2014 02:33 PM
Big baits, big fish? Opry99er Colorado Fishing Lounge 21 09-30-2013 04:39 PM
BIG FISH ..? What big fish .! monkies_butt Colorado Fishing Lounge 34 08-05-2005 11:40 AM

» Forum Search
» Insurance
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.