Monument Lake species? - Page 3 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TroutBumWannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by muninoel View Post
Look at the conditions at Monument Lake...a small lake that is overfished...trout will never get too big there. Every lake has a big fish in it somewhere, but good luck catching it there. You're going to need thicker skin, as people actually try to have some fun on these forums.
Fair enough. Just trying to settle into this. I have never joined a forum, so there's a small learning curve. Thanks for the advice.
TroutBumWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutBumWannabe View Post
Fair enough. Just trying to settle into this. I have never joined a forum, so there's a small learning curve. Thanks for the advice.
You'll be OK...if you ever want to head up to 11-Mile or Rampart with me, let me know...I try to get out every other weekend, not too piss off the wife to much; otherwise, I'd be out every weekend!
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Are there big fish in Monument Lake and if so, how do I catch them?
Quote:
Thanks dallasdb! Do things usually derail this quickly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Only when you ask silly questions.
I believe part of the silliness of your question was asking if a specific body of water had big fish and how to catch them.

It's somewhat similar to asking for GPS coordinates.

If someone would've told you big fish were in Monument and this is how you catch them.... Monument would look like this

Keep good spots in private messaging, blur out the backgrounds of your pictures that you post and your honey holes won't be devastated by online lurkers.

Once again, welcome to thunderdome
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdb View Post
I believe part of the silliness of your question was asking if a specific body of water had big fish and how to catch them.

It's somewhat similar to asking for GPS coordinates.

If someone would've told you big fish were in Monument and this is how you catch them.... Monument would look like this

Keep good spots in private messaging, blur out the backgrounds of your pictures that you post and your honey holes won't be devastated by online lurkers.

Once again, welcome to thunderdome
haha funny thing is that monument does look like that from time to time (i.e. memorial day weekend). Good points though. Should have thought a little more about what I was asking.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muninoel View Post
You'll be OK...if you ever want to head up to 11-Mile or Rampart with me, let me know...I try to get out every other weekend, not too piss off the wife to much; otherwise, I'd be out every weekend!
I appreciate the offer! Maybe we can do that sometime.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the helpful answer jkaboom. Not sure why people have to go so far off topic. If I wanted to read about strip clubs I wouldn't be on a fishing forum. Thanks to those of you who just answered the question.
No problem TBW - as others have said people goof around and slam each other pretty regularly; it's usually fun but it can be annoying at times so you have to have thicker skin here... Have a good time though there are a lot of good folks here and if you PM them you are likely to receive more specific help/offers to fish etc...

Tags
lake, large, monument, trout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in