Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Monument Lake species?

13K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  jkaboom 
#1 · (Edited)
Since my initial question was so dumb I would like to pose just a general question. What species have you caught in Monument Lake? I've only managed to catch rainbow stockers and was just curious if anyone has had any luck catching anything else.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I have heard rumors that Monument Lake has some large trout, but I haven't had much success catching anything over 10". I haven't experimented with too many tactics and want some fresh insight. Are there big fish in Monument Lake and if so, how do I catch them?
Yeah? I also have heard rumors; that at a strip club 13 miles north of Casper, Wyoming... The strippers, although toothless and smelling of cheap pyramid cigarettes... Will happily pick up dollar bills out of your hand with their lady tunnels. Perhaps I will find this out one day for myself. Grey reef does fish pretty good for walleyes I keep hearing....

#6 ·
LOL...I know the place and always wondered myself. When I was courting my wife she lived in Billings so I drove up there every other weekend for a year and drove by that place. Always said I was going to stop in but thought about my future and wanted it disease free!!! LOL...I also ran out of fuel once right there and coasted into their parking lot, luckily got a ride to town by a roughneck!!!

#13 ·
A few years ago I caught a 19" brooder so I would say once in a while you will catch a 'larger' trout but they are generally brood stock. The cool thing with mine was it brought me 2nd place at one of the Wounded Warriors Ice Tournaments and I won a Quickfish 3 that I still use today.

#14 ·
Thanks for the helpful answer jkaboom. Not sure why people have to go so far off topic. If I wanted to read about strip clubs I wouldn't be on a fishing forum. Thanks to those of you who just answered the question.

#20 ·
Look at the conditions at Monument Lake...a small lake that is overfished...trout will never get too big there. Every lake has a big fish in it somewhere, but good luck catching it there. You're going to need thicker skin, as people actually try to have some fun on these forums.

#21 ·
Fair enough. Just trying to settle into this. I have never joined a forum, so there's a small learning curve. Thanks for the advice.

#23 ·
Are there big fish in Monument Lake and if so, how do I catch them?
Thanks dallasdb! Do things usually derail this quickly? :confused:
Only when you ask silly questions.
I believe part of the silliness of your question was asking if a specific body of water had big fish and how to catch them.

It's somewhat similar to asking for GPS coordinates.

If someone would've told you big fish were in Monument and this is how you catch them.... Monument would look like this

Keep good spots in private messaging, blur out the backgrounds of your pictures that you post and your honey holes won't be devastated by online lurkers.

Once again, welcome to thunderdome :)

#24 ·
haha funny thing is that monument does look like that from time to time (i.e. memorial day weekend). Good points though. Should have thought a little more about what I was asking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.