Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Monument Lake species? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138249)

TroutBumWannabe 06-03-2016 04:00 PM

Monument Lake species?

Since my initial question was so dumb I would like to pose just a general question. What species have you caught in Monument Lake? I've only managed to catch rainbow stockers and was just curious if anyone has had any luck catching anything else.

Thanks!

mrwigglestheworm 06-03-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutBumWannabe (Post 1796081)
I have heard rumors that Monument Lake has some large trout, but I haven't had much success catching anything over 10". I haven't experimented with too many tactics and want some fresh insight. Are there big fish in Monument Lake and if so, how do I catch them?

LOL good luck. Let me know when you find them. :D

Dave M 06-03-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutBumWannabe (Post 1796081)
I have heard rumors that Monument Lake has some large trout, but I haven't had much success catching anything over 10". I haven't experimented with too many tactics and want some fresh insight. Are there big fish in Monument Lake and if so, how do I catch them?

Yeah? I also have heard rumors; that at a strip club 13 miles north of Casper, Wyoming... The strippers, although toothless and smelling of cheap pyramid cigarettes... Will happily pick up dollar bills out of your hand with their lady tunnels. Perhaps I will find this out one day for myself. Grey reef does fish pretty good for walleyes I keep hearing....

TthePikester 06-03-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 1796113)
Yeah? I also have heard rumors; that at a strip club 13 miles north of Casper, Wyoming... The strippers, although toothless and smelling of cheap pyramid cigarettes... Will happily pick up dollar bills out of your hand with their lady tunnels. Perhaps I will find this out one day for myself. Grey reef does fish pretty good for walleyes I keep hearing....

Northern Dreams is the name of the place and the best ones use the trailer out back for special parties!!! Toothless...LMAO!!! Casper's finest!!!

Dave M 06-03-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TthePikester (Post 1796121)
Northern Dreams is the name of the place and the best ones use the trailer out back for special parties!!! Toothless...LMAO!!! Casper's finest!!!

Dude, the club is literally 2 double wides attached to each other right off the side of the interstate. I always wondered what that place was like when i worked in Casper, out of morbid curiosity... But never went in cuz I was married... Welp, now I don't have an excuse anymore..

>:D

TthePikester 06-03-2016 06:10 PM

LOL...I know the place and always wondered myself. When I was courting my wife she lived in Billings so I drove up there every other weekend for a year and drove by that place. Always said I was going to stop in but thought about my future and wanted it disease free!!! LOL...I also ran out of fuel once right there and coasted into their parking lot, luckily got a ride to town by a roughneck!!!

lvrider 06-03-2016 06:53 PM

what color is your power bait?

blowfish 06-03-2016 10:04 PM

Gotta love 2 post wonders asking for how-to fishing details.

kirbydog 06-04-2016 10:51 AM

Stop being a put and take lake junkie and drive up into the mountains and go to the usual suspects that grow big trout. Way better odds.

walleye seeker 06-04-2016 01:02 PM

are you sure that the monument lake they are talking about is the one in monument, there is a monument lake west of Trinidad that is a good trout lake