CPW kicking around idea to increase resident fees - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CPW kicking around idea to increase resident fees

surprised nobody posted this yet.

http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages...px?NewsID=5870

according to the sewing circle on the inferior messageboard, fees could almost double. (30 dollar increase)
I guess the shock n' net assclowns in gunnison, routt and moffat county need a raise, since they obviously exceeded their kill quota. and im sure the #fightfor15 battle is gonna be fought at the ANS inspection stations... effing bullpoop.

with that said and i'm talking out of both sides of my mouth..., Im not surprised and this was a long time coming. surprised that they held off this long on jacking fees up. I can name reasons why I'm pissed off all day, but the real one is that I know that im a financial cuckold, and at the end of the day... no matter how much the CPW will gangbang/spitroast/creampie my wallet with their homies... I'm still going to pay to legally fish in this state.
when I fished in northern NM this year in hopes of finding an untouched utopia, I met fly fishermen and pike guys who traveled to elevenmile to fish for quality pike, because they did not like the attitude their state had towards their favorite species of fish... and compared to us, they pay more to fish less water. (their fees were higher than wyoming and legal access to a lot of lakes sucked)
However, I will be fishing states more that have their shit together and love our money... like nebraska, wyoming, kansas, oklahoma, texas and florida.

#thorntonscumbags

Last edited by Dave M; 08-23-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Man. That's rough. If they were doing things that seemed like they were doing their best to enhance and nourish all the fish that are here I could swallow that a little easier. The way it is now I feel like they're against everything other than trout and salmon.

But like you said. I'll end up paying it. Which blows
DoctorDooom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

It's the "P" part that always needs bailing out.
blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wyoming loves your money, especially if you have a green license plate and speed. My family is the and I love love love fishing Wyoming, but be real. Three days there pays for your entire resident colo license. An out of state annual in wy is $112. I'm cheap, I never want to waste money just to waste it, but of all the things I'd give money to, the great outdoors and its stewards are something I'm happy to continue to pay a nominal fee for, even a slightly larger one.
Thenewguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

The money I don't care about, the policies of the CPW that don't make sense I do.

Advice. Wise men don't need it, fools won't heed it.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbydog View Post
The money I don't care about, the policies of the CPW that don't make sense I do.
I'm 100% on board with that statement!
Thenewguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewguy76 View Post
Wyoming loves your money, especially if you have a green license plate and speed. My family is the and I love love love fishing Wyoming, but be real. Three days there pays for your entire resident colo license. An out of state annual in wy is $112. I'm cheap, I never want to waste money just to waste it, but of all the things I'd give money to, the great outdoors and its stewards are something I'm happy to continue to pay a nominal fee for, even a slightly larger one.
They love my money but hate me. That's cuz Wyoming is the New Jersey of the Rockies, lol.

See slayer's fall/spring reports on why I'd happily fish in Wyoming. A day fishing in the underfished Lakes on the other side of the state line equates to about 5 dollars more in cost to fishing a South Park slampig lake When you factor in gas and bait.... And I see my efforts more rewarded.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

hold on to your wallet. it isn't only the fishing license that will go up, the hunters will really see a boost in fees, they will have to take out a loan to hunt
Old 08-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Most folks understand inflation, higher costs, blah, blah. Someone above mentioned the P word, so we're paying for bird watching, etc. Our population has been growing leaps and bounds due to a better economy than most and the influx due to MJ. But when was the last time the division leased any new property? They've actually lost some leases. The private clubs seem to have no problem leasing crap loads of access. So...
#1 Have bigger user base.
#2 Have less access.
#3 Increase fees.
Repeat #3. Win, win, win.
chewydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

An increase in entrance fees and park passes would be more equitable and generate more revenue.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in