CO. fishing license $85.00 lets see - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2016, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CO. fishing license $85.00 lets see

if I fish 3 days a month and buy a resident license here at 85.00, or do I go to NM and buy a non resident for $56.00 and fish a 3 day weekend where I know I can catch a limit of keeper walleyes with a bunch of white bass a few smb and a couple of 3-5 lb cats and a couple of lmb. I think I can do that 2 or 3 times a year and have a lot more fun, and even join Texas walleye assn. who fish most of their tourneys at Ute or Conches. those lakes do not have near the crowd that the lakes here have. even if I only want to go there only one time and fish 5 days for 24.00, or do I just quit fishing and sell my boat
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe the third alternative is to fish both states without a license and see how long it takes to get caught.
EricCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have friends who have Kansas and Nebraska licenses but don't bother buying a Colorado license.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

tangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's just money!!!

HILARIOUS.

That is how I feel, just like D.C.

S. Sadil
CF LURKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

i fish out of state more than i fish in state anyway. i would much rather put money toward states (kansas/nebraska/Wyoming etc) that really care about improving fisheries instead of paying double the money toward a state that could care less about the anglers voice.
mattyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Where are you getting the $85 total from? That with a double rod stamp? Other bs stamps we HAVE to buy that they don't take into account on fees raising.

I wouldn't be so against if they actually took care of our fisheries vs the kill campaign they have going on. They have natural reproducing species and they want those dead and want stocker in there place.

I'm sure $85 would make it the most expensive state for freshwater angling. What about day fees, non resident etc?
California fees for reference:

Resident Sport Fishing $47.01 Available for any resident 16 years of age or older.
Nonresident Sport Fishing $126.36 Available for any non-resident 16 years of age or older.
Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing License - Disabled Veteran $6.95 at CDFW Offices
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've barely had time to fish in the last couple months.....and when I do I seem to get harassed by the dickhead fishpigs. This makes it easy for me to just give that shit up completely. Who wants some fishing gear? :grumpy:

Last edited by TthePikester; 08-30-2016 at 03:10 PM.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well if I fish 100 times per year in Co. (which I usually do), thats only $0.85 per day.

No biggie.

Maybe it'll thin out some of the shore scum around here-
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Poorer people will just fish without a license especially when they figure out they won't get with from the lack of enforcement.. Just like people on western slope/mountain lakes will just throw smallmouth/pike into their favorite lakes when the CPW tries to poison them out to save worthless fish that nobody but tree hugging PC losers care about anyways.

I'll pay the fee but oh well. At the end of the day what power do i as a fisherman in Colorado really have aside from illegal means? As walleye seeker said I like to do my real fishing out of state. I primarily fish here when I wanna take my kid with me to drown worms. Only thing that makes the fee worth it is the lake trout fishing, and aside from lake county spots... You don't see the CPW doing any favors for us on that end. Just means I'm gonna be putting more miles on my car and paying Wyoming and NE more of my money. screw the CPW management... we pay more to get less and I'm effing sick of it.

#thorntonscumbags

Last edited by Dave M; 08-30-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in