Looking for somewhere "quiet" to fish in Colorado Springs - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for somewhere "quiet" to fish in Colorado Springs

Greetings. I am new here, and like the title says, I'm looking for somewhere quiet to fish in the Springs. I've been to all of the "regular" places (Quail, Willow Springs, 11 Mile, etc) from Pueblo to Palmer. I'm disabled and have issues with groups of people. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. And don't worry. I am strictly C&R. I mainly go fishing for the time alone or with my boys and the peace I get. So, I'm not looking to steal your honey hole's thunder. Tight lines everyone!!
Wannabefishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum It still gets some traffic but upper palmer lakes are pretty quiet. You can also hike around the other side of Rosemont as well.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, hiking is out of the question. Unless the trails are relatively flat (wheelchair).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2016, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

there are 2 places that are wheelchair friendly below pueblo dam. the first is on the river, you have to park in the lot just below the dam at the end of the lot there is a concrete walk to the river with a deep hole that can be fished from your chair. if you would like a small pond, on the north side of the river, take the road past the swim beach to the pond there you will find a short walkway to a handicap wooden dock for wheelchairs. I have fished both places and the fishing can be very good to tough from day to day for trout mostly but other kinds of fist can be caught with eggs, powerbait or worms
Old 09-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaboom View Post
Welcome to the forum It still gets some traffic but upper palmer lakes are pretty quiet. You can also hike around the other side of Rosemont as well.
They're draining down upper Palmer so they can chainsaw some trees in order to fix drainage. There's way toooo much weeds to waste your time there now.

As far as rosemont goes I've never heard of anything much bigger than 9-10 inches caught there ever. Might be fun though. Not many people there regularly I hear.

Rampart might do you well. They have some bigger fish. And if you pull it on a weekday you might not see too many people there.
DoctorDooom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDooom View Post
They're draining down upper Palmer so they can chainsaw some trees in order to fix drainage. There's way toooo much weeds to waste your time there now.

As far as rosemont goes I've never heard of anything much bigger than 9-10 inches caught there ever. Might be fun though. Not many people there regularly I hear.

Rampart might do you well. They have some bigger fish. And if you pull it on a weekday you might not see too many people there.
none of these are wheelchair frindly
Old 09-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Manitou Park Lake might be worth a try.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow!! I asked this same question in another forum, and basically got chastised for being rude because I wanted "secrets". Anyway. Thank you all for the info. I'm actually going to head up to Manitou Park Lake. I looked it up, and I'll be going this weekend. You have all given me some great options. Thanks!!
Old 09-09-2016, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye seeker View Post
there are 2 places that are wheelchair friendly below pueblo dam. the first is on the river, you have to park in the lot just below the dam at the end of the lot there is a concrete walk to the river with a deep hole that can be fished from your chair. if you would like a small pond, on the north side of the river, take the road past the swim beach to the pond there you will find a short walkway to a handicap wooden dock for wheelchairs. I have fished both places and the fishing can be very good to tough from day to day for trout mostly but other kinds of fist can be caught with eggs, powerbait or worms
The pond you're talking about, is that Anticline Pond? I've been meaning to try that place out. Do you know if it has any LMB in it?
Old 09-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabefishing View Post
Wow!! I asked this same question in another forum, and basically got chastised for being rude because I wanted "secrets". Anyway. Thank you all for the info. I'm actually going to head up to Manitou Park Lake. I looked it up, and I'll be going this weekend. You have all given me some great options. Thanks!!
YES!!!

He picked my suggestion. I won the contest... right?

BTW what was the other forum that chastised you?

Last edited by dallasdb; 09-09-2016 at 02:44 PM.
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in