Ethanol free gas - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ethanol free gas

For those near centennial we finally have a source for ethanol free fuel for all of our carburetor fed engines. Location is on briarwood near havana. I had been going to brads conoco. This will save me a hour of driving!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161015_114348_1480704311616.jpg (107.8 KB, 44 views)
carpslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice! Ethanol + old small engine fuel line = problems.

This site has a pretty good list of ethanol free gas
http://pure-gas.org/
Old 12-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

We have a Murphy's (I think) getting build at the intersection of Hwy's 287 and 66
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanlee View Post
We have a Murphy's (I think) getting build at the intersection of Hwy's 287 and 66
That's in my neck of the woods!
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Here in Pa. we have issues with ethanol gas. The alcohol eats the rubber inside and damages the motor. I normally use non ethanol gas since only have a 9.9 and my lawnmower .

We sell something called ethanol shield that helps fix the problem. I use it in my vehicles since use more gas.They sell many aditives. They have a test to see if works. You take about 2 oz of water and put some of the additive in and stir. If mixes in its said to work and if it floats on top like oil it doesnt. You can get a gallon at think its Lowes or Home depot if google it online.

We have a lawnmower dealer who had so many warranty issues and now sell it to save problems since warranty doesnt cover that.
jackd1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpslinger View Post
For those near centennial we finally have a source for ethanol free fuel for all of our carburetor fed engines. Location is on briarwood near havana. I had been going to brads conoco. This will save me a hour of driving!
Whoa, you post here?

Good info, thanks man!
mrwigglestheworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

great info thanks!
amphipod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd1964 View Post
Here in Pa. we have issues with ethanol gas. The alcohol eats the rubber inside and damages the motor. I normally use non ethanol gas since only have a 9.9 and my lawnmower .

We sell something called ethanol shield that helps fix the problem. I use it in my vehicles since use more gas.They sell many aditives. They have a test to see if works. You take about 2 oz of water and put some of the additive in and stir. If mixes in its said to work and if it floats on top like oil it doesnt. You can get a gallon at think its Lowes or Home depot if google it online.

We have a lawnmower dealer who had so many warranty issues and now sell it to save problems since warranty doesnt cover that.
I've had bad luck with fuel lines and ethanol also -- some people say that's a myth. I say they've been lucky so far.

You can buy ethanol free gas now in cans at the small motor repair shops like Total Power on S. Broadway. (They also sell ethanol free premix 40:1 and 50:1 in cans for 2 strokes if you only need a small amount and don't want to bother to mix gas/oil yourself). If you use the cans they'll guarantee no gummy carbs in the spring! Kind of expensive to run all the time but you can use it as a last tank for weedeater, snowblower, ice auger etc. at the end of the season.
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

I been running pump gas in my old snowmobiles, of which I now have only 8 left. 1980s technology and rubber. Never had a problem. My 1991 Strikemaster still runs fine always used whatever gas in it. No problems.

It's a MYTH.

or, it's simply poor maintenance!
slayerfish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

The gals at the Pueblo marina told me it is now law that it has have 10% Ethanol? I used to be able to get non ethanol there, but no longer. Every time i fill my boat I add Stabil to it.
Neal/CO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in