weather and fish behavior question - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default weather and fish behavior question

ok, so my reading here and elsewhere tells me that I should be fishing in the few weeks before ice-on and that right before a weather front is a good idea...I may finally have ONE evening to fish. it looks like snow tuesday night into wed, how far in front of any weather would you get excited about fishing? I'm trying to decide whether tues evening before this arctic front will be worthwhile....
Thenewguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Right up until the weather truly hits. Tuesday sounds like a great idea. You can actually use barometric pressure forecaster to figure it out. Wunderground forecasts the pressure.
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

if you want to fish, do so and dress for the weather. you fish when you have the time. you cant catch any fish if you aren't there.
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye seeker View Post
if you want to fish, do so and dress for the weather. you fish when you have the time. you cant catch any fish if you aren't there.
I agree completely. being self employed I have the one luxury of floating my day this week. I get one day, but I can choose which one. trying to learn how to make wise choices....and if I'm gonna freeze my giblets I really want to make sure I've chosen well.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I plan to be fishing tomorrow evening.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

ok so help me understand this further, please. looking at weather underground the pressure is basically climbing now. looks like today we are to notice a perceptible drop in temps. Tomorrow the pressure takes a dip in the evening. my understanding is that either up or down would trigger fish activity. the climb today is more substantial than the drop tomorrow. add snow coming in tomorrow too.....choosing only one, which one? why?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewguy76 View Post
ok so help me understand this further, please. looking at weather underground the pressure is basically climbing now. looks like today we are to notice a perceptible drop in temps. Tomorrow the pressure takes a dip in the evening. my understanding is that either up or down would trigger fish activity. the climb today is more substantial than the drop tomorrow. add snow coming in tomorrow too.....choosing only one, which one? why?
I personally don't focus on the barometer. I think weather is more important. A good in-fisherman article: http://www.in-fisherman.com/bass/bar...sure-and-bass/

I'd fish today too. I usually do better when it's windy for walleyes.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post

I'd fish today too. I usually do better when it's windy for walleyes.
thanks for the info and link! are you metro denver? Unfortunately I don't get two days, barely squeaking one. I think tomorrow I'll see if I can make my new chatfield topo map work in my favor and identify somewhere with a real chance of catching.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye seeker View Post
Best advice ever.
mrwigglestheworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I do pretty good on pressure drops.
pistoldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in