Fishfinder questions - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishfinder questions

So I am looking to buy a new fishfinder for one of my boats. I had originally decided to try the Humminbird Helix 7 chirp Di, but I recently saw where Cabelas had a Garmin 7" chirp with Di and mapping on sale that caught my eye. I currently have a Lowrance elite 7 on my smaller boat and am happy with it with the exception of the slow GPS. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
reel.eze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to the answers here. I have Lowrance HDS7s and they have been decent. That said, I believe I'm going to hummers this year. I love hummers
Old 02-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have two HDS units on big boats, and a 998c SI on my walleye boat. I am going to replace the Humminbird this year. Two years ago I put a GPSMAP 7610xvs on the lake superior boat and I love the Quickdraw contour on the fly feature. I'm thinking of a Helix 9 chirp mega or GPSMAP 7607xvs to replace the 998. Anyone use Autochart? Anyone using a 360 or panoptix down transducer?

Last edited by tal0362; 02-04-2017 at 09:44 AM.
tal0362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in