Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Boat From Another State Whats The Procedure To Launch Here? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149018)

snagged up 04-09-2017 04:49 PM

Boat From Another State Whats The Procedure To Launch Here?

Someone I know just moved here with his boat.
Besides the regular requirements of getting boat tags, trailer tags what about the ANS inspection part?

After he has his tags any special requirements prior to launching?

tailchaser 04-09-2017 05:38 PM

Depends upon the so called "importance" of the water body and governing agency. Varies from one body of water to the next.

Bionic Man 04-09-2017 05:53 PM

Steve, he will follow the same procedure that you do to launch. Assuming it is an outboard, clean, drain & dry, good to go.

If it is a sterndrive, he will likely have to decontaminate the motor (depending on the mood of the ANS inspector).

redleader 04-09-2017 06:33 PM

Tell them you just came back from Lake Powell if he wants a free boat wash.

Zman 04-09-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redleader (Post 1954290)
Tell them you just came back from Lake Powell if he wants a free boat wash.

Wow I never thought of that...there's a reason you are a wildly successful businessman!...thats hilarious too...

longdraw 04-10-2017 10:24 AM

Haha yeah. A few weeks ago, I told the inspector at a local launch that I had just came back from Lake Havasu and that he may want to just proceed to decon. He ignored my suggestion, proceeded to inspect my boat. After a somewhat thorough inspection, he deemed my boat clean, drained and dry and said I was good to launch. I knelt down to put my plug in and noticed water dripping from my bilge, where an old tube jig had partially blocked the hole, not letting the bilge to completely drain. There was a small puddle on my trailer and on the ground below. The inspector DID NOT notice this obvious red flag which was in plain sight and likely one of the first things they are trained to look for.

This is the first time I am sharing this story. I was appalled that day.

rivrunnr1 04-10-2017 12:09 PM

Crazy, Jon. Just more evidence that their program really doesn't work....

snagged up 04-10-2017 07:28 PM

We don't have severely infected lakes and some remain infection free.
Explain how it's not working.

longdraw 04-10-2017 10:45 PM

It doesn't work because I came from a lake infested with zebras and the dude didn't do his job.

Bionic Man 04-10-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snagged up (Post 1954906)
We don't have severely infected lakes and some remain infection free.
Explain how it's not working.

I guess I would say the outcome is working, but the methods are not. Just like you could say closing the lakes would keep them clean, but not allow access (and be a failure to the sportsmen)

Since the program started, I have said there are better ways to get the same results, spend less $, and increase access. The lack of access is where it isn't working.