Heading to Keystone - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heading to Keystone

Will be heading to keystone this weekend for a family get together and may have a couple of hours to wet a line. Where should I go? Is the snake river in town any good? Can fly or spin. Thanks for any help.

Tony
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Heading to Keystone

When heading into Keystone from Silverthorne take a right at the first light. Immediately hang left and at the bottom of the hill you will cross the Snake River. Just before the river you should be able to make a left and park. I would fly fish from there up with a bead-head prince nymph. Dale, the owner of the fly shop keeps it stocked well with fish for his customers. Oh, and don't let them bulley you, you have just as much right to be there as anyone.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

You should also check out the main pond at the Keystone lodge. It has lots (tons) of lake trout in the 3 foot long and over range. I'm not kidding. The only catch is that you can't fish there, but it's a lot of fun to look at them nonetheless. You can feed them, and if you rent a paddle boat, it's kinda scary because they will follow you hoping to get some trout pellets. It's a jaws-like feeling.
silicone boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silicone boy
You should also check out the main pond at the Keystone lodge. It has lots (tons) of lake trout in the 3 foot long and over range. I'm not kidding. The only catch is that you can't fish there, but it's a lot of fun to look at them nonetheless. You can feed them, and if you rent a paddle boat, it's kinda scary because they will follow you hoping to get some trout pellets. It's a jaws-like feeling.
Silicone -- I have seen them and they are freakishly large.* I thought they were giant bows and brooks.* Maybe i'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTfree
Oh, and don't let them bulley you, you have just as much right to be there as anyone.
Scott -- Thanks for the info. Are the bullies locals who think they own that stretch or what?

Thanks

Tony
Old 04-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Not bullies and nothing to worry about, but sometimes the owner of the fly shop or his guides will say the area is reserved for them or tell you to fish somewhere eles. Just ignore them, it's all owned by keystone and open to everyone. And yes, some of those big fish from the pond get into the river, one way or another so be ready.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in