iPilot remote? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default iPilot remote?

My iPilot remote doesn't seem to turn on. I have tried three different batteries. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to fix it short of buying a new one?
Bionic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Try bending the tabs up where the battery sits in the compartment.
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2018, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

And as simple as checking that the polarity is right.
ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2018, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not sound like the master of the obvious, but are you sure all the batteries are exactly the recommended battery or providing the required amps? Alot of batteries are close to same size is the only reason for asking. Also, what model trolling motor do you have and when was it purchased? Some have different remotes than others is the reason im asking. Minnkota has a good customer service and there are some places that will work on out of warranty units. My friend just had the electronic board go on his ultrex after some water fried it. $300 later it was fixed. Personally i would exhaust options like talking to minnkota first, i also noticed alot of very knowledgable walleye fosherman on walleye central that can offer great advice and trouble shooting, and finding someone locally that works on these trolling motors before buying a new remote. I have read posts on forums in the past of similar issue and got new remotes from minnkota under warranty and it didnt fix the problem. Luckily, ive had no issues with my terrova. But have had my unit seemingly lost communication with the remote, but unplugged my tm and fixed the problem. Lastly, do you have the foot pedal you can try to see if the tm operates as it should without using the remote. Mine came with a foot pedal also only reason i ask which may help isolate the problem. Hope you get it fogured out.
Micorps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat View Post
Try bending the tabs up where the battery sits in the compartment.
Next on my list. Traveling until Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostman View Post
And as simple as checking that the polarity is right.
Good thought, but that is not the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micorps View Post
Not sound like the master of the obvious, but are you sure all the batteries are exactly the recommended battery or providing the required amps? Alot of batteries are close to same size is the only reason for asking. Also, what model trolling motor do you have and when was it purchased? Some have different remotes than others is the reason im asking. Minnkota has a good customer service and there are some places that will work on out of warranty units. My friend just had the electronic board go on his ultrex after some water fried it. $300 later it was fixed. Personally i would exhaust options like talking to minnkota first, i also noticed alot of very knowledgable walleye fosherman on walleye central that can offer great advice and trouble shooting, and finding someone locally that works on these trolling motors before buying a new remote. I have read posts on forums in the past of similar issue and got new remotes from minnkota under warranty and it didnt fix the problem. Luckily, ive had no issues with my terrova. But have had my unit seemingly lost communication with the remote, but unplugged my tm and fixed the problem. Lastly, do you have the foot pedal you can try to see if the tm operates as it should without using the remote. Mine came with a foot pedal also only reason i ask which may help isolate the problem. Hope you get it fogured out.
Lots to look at here.

The remote battery is the same as what I pulled out. The ones I tried to replace were from the same lot. Maybe I wil try another lot.

I'll drag the foot pedal out of storage and try it. But I don't get anything on the remote, so I don't think that is the problem.

Trying Minnekota CS will be on the list as well.

Thanks for the advice all.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lots of people here with the same issue...some crazy solutions...

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...e-issue-2.html
Old 10-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

I whack mine against ny palm that turns mine on. It acts up now and then
tl1000r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl1000r View Post
I whack mine against ny palm that turns mine on. It acts up now and then
Inappropriate. This is a family friendly forum.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Def try different lot of batteries. Check their expiration.
tangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions. Once I get back from chasing birds I will dive in a little deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in