Colorado fishing adventure - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Colorado fishing adventure

I'm a Swedish angler. Me and my family will visit Colorado early July this year. They are into horse riding and have dreamed of visiting a real ranch. This year their dreams might come through as they booked a week on a ranch in New Raymer, pretty close to Wyoming and Nebraska border. Like 2 hours drivve north east of Denver.

As I'm a poor horse man but a keen angler Ill go fishing instead. In Sweden I primarily fish for Northern pikes and pearch with artificial baits like jerk baits and big soft baits. Though I like most kind of fishing.

Is there any nice guides that do muskie, tiger muskie, pike or bass fishing in that area? I don't mind driving a couple of hours.

Thank you in advance!
benste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

The better options for pike are going to be in the mountains: Williams Fork Reservoir, Eleven Mile Reservoir, and Spinney Mountain Reservoir. Those reservoirs will be close to a 4 hour drive from Raymer. From Raymer, you might want to try Lake McConaughy in Nebraska, which is a 2 hour drive.

Eleven Mile and Spinney, you might try Tighline Outdoors: http://tightlineoutdoors.com/tour/pike/

For MacConaughy: https://lakemcconaughywalleyeguide.weebly.com/
Also check out the Nebraska fishing website: https://www.nefga.org/forum/fishing-...-fishing-forum
Old 02-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you Aofisher I appreciate the advices. Are you familiar with any guides operating in that area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benste View Post
Thank you Aofisher I appreciate the advices. Are you familiar with any guides operating in that area?
I have never hired a local guide. I have only hired guides when I traveled to places I am not familiar with. However, Nate Zelinsky with Tightline Outdoors has an outstanding reputation and is sometimes cited in national publications such as In-Fisherman. I have read good recommendations for Jerry Steinke with Lake McConaughy Guide Services on the nefga website I linked above. By the way, a walleye is similar to a zander in European waters. Lake McConaughy also has pike, bass, and striped bass hybrids (wipers). Eleven Mile and Spinney are mostly pike and trout.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

About 1.5hrs east in Nebraska, check this guides website. www.stevelytle.com That time of year he seems to get his clients into good fish, look at the fishing report archives. Wow, new raymer. my wife's family has a farm/ranch out there. Tough land, tough people. Don't forget to check out the hiking/ birdwatching on the pawnee buttes when you are there.
carpslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpslinger View Post
About 1.5hrs east in Nebraska, check this guides website. www.stevelytle.com That time of year he seems to get his clients into good fish, look at the fishing report archives. Wow, new raymer. my wife's family has a farm/ranch out there. Tough land, tough people. Don't forget to check out the hiking/ birdwatching on the pawnee buttes when you are there.
Steve Lytle at Swanson Reservoir is a good choice too.

Benste, I am no guide, but I'd willing to take you fishing if you'd like. I have a boat but can't "guarantee" we'll catch fish. Send me a message if you are interested.

PS, I just saw that oyey offered to take you pike fishing. I would take that offer if I were you. Oyey knows his stuff.

Last edited by aofisher; 02-08-2019 at 10:42 PM.
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2019, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hmmmm my post seems to have disappeared... Check your private messages ( I think you have to get 10 posts before you can see them). I will take you fishing free of charge for one or two days if you would take me if I were ever to make it to your area. I would love to spend a day or two taking pike with someone who Chase's them a half a world away. I watch a lot of video from Europe (pike fishing).. I have so many questions. That said, I know Colorado pike... We'll have a blast.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you for all for the advices and offers to bring me on your boats! That's highly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
P I K E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyey View Post
Hmmmm my post seems to have disappeared... Check your private messages ( I think you have to get 10 posts before you can see them). I will take you fishing free of charge for one or two days if you would take me if I were ever to make it to your area. I would love to spend a day or two taking pike with someone who Chase's them a half a world away. I watch a lot of video from Europe (pike fishing).. I have so many questions. That said, I know Colorado pike... We'll have a blast.
your post did not disappear, you posted it in the OP'S other thread in the find a partner section!
Old 02-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yep! I found the posting yesterday Sorry confusing you Oyey by doing similar postings in two forums.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in