Boats - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2019, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

This one will go quickly.

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/b...854936677.html
Bionic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2019, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

That is a good deal. Could update the powerdrive to ipilot for $450.
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat View Post
That is a good deal. Could update the powerdrive to ipilot for $450.
Less than that if this is still available...
Not sure but I THINK it might convert a Powerdrive? Maybe not...
https://www.coloradofisherman.com/fo...ote-200-a.html
ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2019, 12:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Man View Post
Force Motors have a very long history going back to the early 1900's. Chrysler owned them from the 60's, but they were forced to sell in 1983 as part of the loan guarantees/bailout.

The boat in question is a 1992, by that time Force was owned by Mercury Marine, and was actually manufactured in their Fond du Lac, WI plant.

Force parts are very easy to find, and the motors have a reputation of being easy to work on.

I had a Smokercraft that was probably about the same vintage as this boat, powered by a Force 50 HP motor. While I only had it a couple of years, it was VERY reliable. The only bad thing about it was it was incredibly inefficient with fuel.

Solid floor and transom, a 8 HP 4-stroke Merc kicker, rod holders, 2 fish finders, and 4 down riggers. The hull is welded aluminum.

Trailer had the axle serviced last year, brand new tires, and electric brakes.

Yes, it was a good deal.

Hey, here it is again! https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/...860051468.html
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Lund Tyee for $3800.

https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/d/...859774894.html
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albow View Post
I wonder if someone bought it and is now trying to flip it... My first boat was the 1606 model, with a 70 HP Force engine. It was a 1993 model with the same blue and white color scheme. It was a solid little boat. I bought it in 1993 for $3,100. Sold it 2 years later for the same price. I bought for less than book value, and paid for it in cash with my first "real" bonus from my first "real" job, so I had little financial worries about it. Lots of good memories, with the caveat that "good" is not necessarily "positive," but more like "memorable," like water coming through the floor because I forgot the plug, or anchor tossed over board without thinking about whether it was tethered to anything, or friend getting himself an unintended eyebrow piercing...

The number of boats for sale jumped from the winter, but there does not seem to be very many used boats for sale. There is only 1 I would think about buying, if I were in the market for a used boat: https://westslope.craigslist.org/boa...862413421.html
I think the boating industry is slowing down? Fewer people trading up => fewer used boat being sold.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post
I wonder if someone bought it and is now trying to flip it... My first boat was the 1606 model, with a 70 HP Force engine. It was a 1993 model with the same blue and white color scheme. It was a solid little boat. I bought it in 1993 for $3,100. Sold it 2 years later for the same price. I bought for less than book value, and paid for it in cash with my first "real" bonus from my first "real" job, so I had little financial worries about it. Lots of good memories, with the caveat that "good" is not necessarily "positive," but more like "memorable," like water coming through the floor because I forgot the plug, or anchor tossed over board without thinking about whether it was tethered to anything, or friend getting himself an unintended eyebrow piercing...

The number of boats for sale jumped from the winter, but there does not seem to be very many used boats for sale. There is only 1 I would think about buying, if I were in the market for a used boat: https://westslope.craigslist.org/boa...862413421.html
I think the boating industry is slowing down? Fewer people trading up => fewer used boat being sold.

That Honda is worth 12K alone-
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Good electronics and trolling motor too. I just sent that link to a buddy who is looking on the western slopes. thanks AO.
Dakota is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

I'd be cautious buying a Honda. I don't know what it is like on the Western Slope, but last time I checked in the Metro area, it is nearly impossible to find someone to work on them. A few years ago the only place that would work on them was Sun Honda, and they required you to take it off the boat.

If someone is serious about buying it, I would do a little homework and see what marina can work on them first.
Bionic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Man View Post
I'd be cautious buying a Honda. I don't know what it is like on the Western Slope, but last time I checked in the Metro area, it is nearly impossible to find someone to work on them. A few years ago the only place that would work on them was Sun Honda, and they required you to take it off the boat.

If someone is serious about buying it, I would do a little homework and see what marina can work on them first.
Alumacraft appears to be the only boat manufacturer that still offers Honda outboards. Wouldn't Valentine Marine offer service for Honda engines, given that they sell Alumacraft boats with Honda engines?

The boating industry has gone through some vertical integration with BRP (Evinrude) owning Alumacraft, Brunswick (Mercury) owning Cretliner and Lund, and Yamaha owning Skeeter and G3. Actually, it seems to me that Skeeter and G3 were started by Yamaha, and other engine manufacturers might have moved to buy boat manufacturers to to stay competitive. I don't believe these vertical integrations are good for the consumer because they limit engine choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in