Sounds like a good deal? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sounds like a good deal?

Scheels in Johnstown has Lowrance HDS Gen 3 touchscreen 9 inch sonar/gps units with sidescan and downscan (structurescan) on closeout for $1099. These units retailed for $2599.

Im just wondering if it comes with all needed transducers.
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think it comes with the total scan transducer. The product description says it includes LSS2 Structurescan and skimmer transducer. This is a pretty good deal since that transducer sells for around $200. The structure scan 3D module and transducer sell for around $1,000. I have the Gen II touch HDS9 and structure scan module on my boat, both around 3 years old that has the side scan but not down scan.

The Gen III has more built in functionality including wifi and bluetooth so you can use a phone app to look and operate the HDS9. The maps they come with are mostly worthless around here but good back in mosquito tundra. The insight genesis maps that you can download onto a SD card are awesome since they come from uploaded sonar data from peeps like you and me. They have pretty good maps for the eastern plain reservoirs.
Gsp_pike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

It says that it includes LSS2 Structurescan and skimmer transducer. That's 1 transducer for structure scan + 1 transducer for regular sonar. The Totalscan transducer is 1 transducer for structure and regular sonar. It's just a bit more hassle to have 2 transducers. Pretty good deal nevertheless.

https://www.cabelas.com/product//241...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://www.cabelas.com/product/Lowr...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in