I can do work on a boat, too - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I can do work on a boat, too

I can do work on a boat, too. Albeit my skills are far below those of hobiecat... I bought my boat without electronics because I figured I could save hundreds of dollars. I was looking at $1,200 for a modest fish finder and $400 for a sub-par battery charger. I got a better charger and a slightly lesser fish finder for $800. I picked up the boat Friday afternoon and drove through a snow storm on I-76.

I didn't go to work on it until Saturday evening because:
1. I hosted a mini homecoming party for the boat Friday night. It turned out well because my friend gifted me a fish finder that probably costs over $2K.
2. I procrastinated most of Saturday because I knew working on the boat would not be fun. There was always something that had to be done right this moment, before I get to work on the boat. Like checking fishing websites and such... And check those websites again because someone might have posted something new in the last few seconds...

Anyway, after 1 trip to Cabelas, 1 trip to Ace Hardware store, 1 trip to Autozone, 1 trip to O'Reilly, 3 trips to Walmart, and countless hours of hard labor, I finally got it done.

I just need to figure out how to turn my 4 pin trailer connector into a 5 pin connector now... I have an adapter on order. It should be an easy job for someone who knows what they are doing, but it will probably take my a few trips to some stores and countless hours of additional labor.

Last edited by aofisher; 07-01-2019 at 10:14 AM.
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice work! You're right. Those jobs are never fun, but they are rewarding when you're finished. Congrats on the new boat!
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Nice work! You're right. Those jobs are never fun, but they are rewarding when you're finished. Congrats on the new boat!
Thanks! Apparently, I don't know how to post pictures on this website anymore...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Guess your friend wants to go fishing!
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albow View Post
Guess your friend wants to go fishing!
He does. But he has his own boat that costs more than twice what mine cost.
It's more like he already has too many fish finders on his boat, including a 16er, a couple of 12er, another 9er that he is also trying to get rid off. And he probably figures we could use a second screen on the bow when we do take my boat out rather than his...
Old 04-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice work on the boat. You also have a very nice friend.

My "project boat" is still sitting on the side of the house with very little project completion. Probably going to sell it in a few weeks as is since I bought a nicer boat for my dad to use.

Oh, and for photos, by far the easiest way is to use your mobile device and tapatalk. Can post straight from there.
Bionic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Man View Post
Nice work on the boat. You also have a very nice friend.

My "project boat" is still sitting on the side of the house with very little project completion. Probably going to sell it in a few weeks as is since I bought a nicer boat for my dad to use.

Oh, and for photos, by far the easiest way is to use your mobile device and tapatalk. Can post straight from there.
Thanks. I'll have to try the mobile phone option for pictures.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

nice boat uncle
Killerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfisher View Post
nice boat uncle
Thanks, Kao! It's been a while since we fished together...
Old 04-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

I just realized that the picture of my sonar has the GPS coordinates of one of the lakes I might fish soon! One of the things I had to look up while I was working on my boat... The GPS coords are a freebee to my fellow CF members! They do not mark a particular hot spot on the lake anyway. At least I don't think so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in