I'll be in Granby, CO for a week. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'll be in Granby, CO for a week.

It's been almost five years since I asked about the Ark. in Howard and got some very good input to come up with a fishing plan. Now I'm looking for some guidance for places to fish in up to a 20 to 25 mile radius of Granby for the last week of July and the first couple days of August. I generally spin fish but will take a fly rod along to fish from shore or wade with my better half. I would also like to involve my two grandchildren, pre-teenagers, at least shore fishing. Any advise would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

2 Buffalo Mt. Lake Dillon.jpg 2 Col d.jpg 8 2014 O'Haver.jpg 8 2014 Krista with trout in Salida.jpg
njangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Go to fishingwithbernie.com for fishing reports.
Fraser river is nice but limited public access.
Colo river west of Granby to Kremmling is nice but the massive runoff coming this year may extend well into July. (I hope I'm wrong).
If your grandkids have the short attention span that my kids have I recommend Fraser ponds or a kids pond at Breeze lot about a mile west of Parshall. I can get my two boys on a 2-3 fish each in about a half an hour at the Breeze.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks 14 for your input. Do you know if there are any maps that show public access points on the Fraser? What kind of fish are there at breeze and what bait do you use for your kids or is it just artificial? I've passed through Kremmling a number of times when my sons lived in Summit County on my way to and from the Teton's and Yellowstone because I love the Flamming Gorge area. I guess if the Colorado isn't fishable I could also make the 45 minute trip from Kremmling to Dillon since I've fished the Blue and others there.

I like to take pictures too so here are the Tetons, Flamming Gorge and about 20 years ago when my youngest son and I caught some trout in Turquoise while my older son kayaked around.

3913 9 04 Tetons a.jpg

2000 Flaming George Res..jpg

Bill & Bri Turquoise.jpg

Last edited by njangler; 06-15-2019 at 08:03 PM.
njangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

I give my boys worms and a bobber at Breeze, and I huck Kastys in the river.
My kids also like Monarch lake (east side of Lake Granby), lures only I believe.
troutnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in