I'll be in Fraser (Grand Co.) at the end of the month and... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'll be in Fraser (Grand Co.) at the end of the month and...

was wondering if there is any smallmouth or LM bass fishing in the area or is it pretty much just trout? Not looking for specific spots just confirmation on my request, public access to river or pond or PM me, I'll be getting a five day license.

Thanks
njangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
leg

I don't think there are any bass in the area but there are pike in Williams fork reservoir. Some of the pike are very large and can be caught shore fishing.
leg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
P I K E

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg View Post
I don't think there are any bass in the area but there are pike in Williams fork reservoir. Some of the pike are very large and can be caught shore fishing.
Just remember there is a slot limit on pike at Williams Fork!
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the input gentlemen but my only interest would be bass but I guess I'll have to settle for trout. We're catch and release on everything from 30" brown trout to 6+lb largemouth. We have all the pickerel, pike and muskie we need right here in NJ and I can pass on the toothie critters myself. Just last week while fishing for bass in 14 to 16 fow, after we caught five 24" pickerel, fat and thick in an hour in a local watershed (1st pic) I started to fish shallower to get away from them. They give a great fight on light tackle but you get cut off a lot too. (muskie pic)

7 5 19 cr 4 x 24 m1 +22 & 20 a.jpg Picture 1187 a.jpg
Old 07-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njangler View Post
Thanks for the input gentlemen but my only interest would be bass but I guess I'll have to settle for trout. We're catch and release on everything from 30" brown trout to 6+lb largemouth. We have all the pickerel, pike and muskie we need right here in NJ and I can pass on the toothie critters myself. Just last week while fishing for bass in 14 to 16 fow, after we caught five 24" pickerel, fat and thick in an hour in a local watershed (1st pic) I started to fish shallower to get away from them. They give a great fight on light tackle but you get cut off a lot too. (muskie pic)

Attachment 30897 Attachment 30899
nearest bass lake from there would be in the front range about an hour east. lots of options out there, one ill throw out is chatfield.
hit up shawn rogers on facebook if you want a guided trip on some decent smallies.
if you still want mountain style fishing.... hit up bernie keefei's page "fishing with bernie" on facebook if you want to catch huge lakers in granby. if you still have a boner for bass, drive 2 hours west over rabbit ears pass, past steamboat springs to elkhead lake. theres a few pigs in there and pike as well, although everyone likes killing the fish there for stupid reasons. but other than that, all youll have for decent fish is lake trout in grand county. at least they get big out that way.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dude yer in the Mountains enjoy the freekin trout-

Hike to a high lake you may never go back to stinking NJ.

Born and raised in NJ , Rather slit my throat than move back to that craphole-
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
leg

Slayer, don't hold back tell us how you really feel about NJ. lol
leg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

New Jersey...Armpit of the nation! Enjoy the high country for what it is.
COLOH2OFWLR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Hike to a high lake you may never go back to stinking NJ.
Been there and done that since a couple of my sons were in Summit County for twenty years and have seen a fair amount of the state in my travels. I've been in NJ for 74 years and remember Denver back around '75 when after going a matter of blocks the big buildings ended and the prairie began.(It's not like that any more) Now half of NJ is in Co. and half of NY is in NJ. Neither state is the same but here in the armpit and specifically in what the highlands on the NJ/NY border, new home building has been stopped for the last 10yrs., I have over fifty lakes, ponds, rivers and streams in a 20 mile radius and fish open water in a boat from March thru December, I see black bear, coyote, red fox, beaver, eagles, osprey, loons that pass through in the Spring and the Fall, mink, etc. not only in my yard but while out fishing. Sure there are lots of AH but they are everywhere. I'm only 30 miles west of NYC but where in the Denver area could I get a 4 bedroom and two bath house for $800 a month? Attached a few critter pics (have lots more) and 4 fish pics from the end of Feb and beginning of March 2018 last has snow for effect. Have LOTS more. There are some gems still around (granted not like 50+ years ago). Respectfully, don't judge a book by it's cover, keep an open mind and only believe 25% of what you hear. Looks like trout it will be as usual.

216 Turkey confab 2.jpg

1 12 13 rv.JPG

2 Lakeville Eagle.jpg

3 liittle bears.jpg

Waywayanda black bear.jpg

2 27 18 wl Lffoty.jpg

3 1 18 rlhjwr 5-11.jpg

3 1 18 rljb.jpg

3 27 18 wl wt 41.jpg
Old 07-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Nice turkey pic!
kastmisser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in