Lake McCanaughy Guide Recommendations - Colorado Fishing Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5
Default Lake McCanaughy Guide Recommendations

Wife and I have decided to go to Lake Mac this year in August/September and would appreciate some guide recommendations for a couple of days fishing. We would be looking for walleye, catfish, wipers. I have found a number of guides, but would like some personal recs. Thanks.
lynnw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 942
Default

https://ilovelakemac.com/lake-info/guides-recreation/
EricCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 123
Default

Lake Big mac spoiled would be my 1st choice if you could fish with Brad or Dustin favinger. They have other guides, I just don't know anything about them. 2nd choice would be Jerry Steinke he has been guiding on the lake forever and can find fish when others can't.

Are you taking your boat there for other days?

Good Luck
ColoGregS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 425
Default

Who do you like EricCo?
Nice of you to be help out Greg.
Never fished Mac but my Dad has, he’s fished with Jerry S a few times with success. Sure you’ll get into fish with almost any guide.
Like anything, some homework on your end regarding what you want outta the trip should be discussed before you decide who you’re booking with.

A follow up of your trip would be appreciated
__________________
The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman View Post
Who do you like EricCo?
Nice of you to be help out Greg.
Never fished Mac but my Dad has, he’s fished with Jerry S a few times with success. Sure you’ll get into fish with almost any guide.
Like anything, some homework on your end regarding what you want outta the trip should be discussed before you decide who you’re booking with.

A follow up of your trip would be appreciated
I like them all. Nice people, courteous on the water, and excellent fisherman.

I haven't hired any for guiding though so can't speak to that aspect.
EricCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks for everyone's input. We will post a report when we get back.
lynnw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
albow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,733
Default

I went out to Lake Mac for a quick trip a couple weeks ago. My first time there. I was able to book a trip with "Spoiled" Guide service. Nice Ranger boat, and good gear. Brad worked hard to get us on fish but conditions were tough (had been a major tourney there day before). I did manage to get one nice 20" walleye on a slabbing spoon. Learned a lot. Brad said 1/3 of his clients are local, 1/3 from Colorado and 1/3 from Kansas.



I camped on shore at the LeMoyne ramp area. $12 for a park pass and $6 to camp. Met up with Brad at Vogel's bait shop at 7:00am the next morning.

Last edited by albow; 10-07-2019 at 01:08 AM.
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Windswept Plains of Colorado
Posts: 16,348
Default

Man thats a kong freekin way to go for a eater walleye-

Can catch those at the Crack-
__________________
Love Me or Hate Me-
Rugged and Beautiful.
All Metal all the Time!
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aofisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albow View Post
I went out to Lake Mac for a quick trip a couple weeks ago. My first time there. I was able to book a trip with "Spoiled" Guide service. Nice Ranger boat, and good gear. Brad worked hard to get us on fish but conditions were tough (had been a major tourney there day before). I did manage to get one nice 20" walleye on a slabbing spoon. Learned a lot. Brad said 1/3 of his clients are local, 1/3 from Colorado and 1/3 from Kansas.



I camped on shore at the LeMoyne ramp area. $12 for a park pass and $6 to camp. Met up with Brad at Von's bait shop at 7:00am the next morning.
I could have given you a tour for free. But you would not have learned as much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerfish View Post
Man thats a kong freekin way to go for a eater walleye-

Can catch those at the Crack-
So negative... The man learned something and got to see new scenery. Focus on the positives, gotta focus on the positives...
__________________
"Nothing is softer or more flexible than a dollar bill, yet nothing can resist it."
- Lao Tzutong
aofisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Windswept Plains of Colorado
Posts: 16,348
Default

He learned he shoulda got a different guide-
__________________
Love Me or Hate Me-
Rugged and Beautiful.
All Metal all the Time!
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


» Forum Search
» Insurance
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.