Small pond behind Centennial??? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Small pond behind Centennial???

Anyone else ever fish there? I was there last year and caught a couple of LM bass pushing 5lbs. I believe it is fed by Centennial, but also may get some overflow from the Platte. When I was there I only saw bass and carp and was the only one fishing it. The bass are hard to catch mainly because of the brush in the water. I was just curious if anyone else new anything about it! Also, I have seen some very nice smallies in Centennial, but had no luck getting them to hit.
Smells like fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Small pond behind Centennial???

are you talking on the corner of federal and bowles? i didn't know it had fish, pretty shallow?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

No, it is just east of the lake and before the Platte. If you follow the fence by the junk yard you will see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

o.k., before the platte coming from sante fe? how did you get to the pond?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't remember the cross street off of Federal, but if you know where Centennial lake is and you park in the lot stay to your left and follow the dirt path past the over growth and you are there. It is behind the N.E. corner of the lake.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, I've checked it out back there. Too many mosquitos at the time so I never went back, but I saw a few bass
silicone boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

I live across the street from Cent. and the pond is fed by the lake but not enough over flow EVER for fish to go through the 2 tubes. The lake overflows all the time as it is spring fed. The overflow is only about 2 or 3 inches deep at any given time. It overflows into a small area where there are big rocks, no way for a fish to ever get past them. Evan with the river as high as it is, the pond still has a downward slope to it emptying into the river. Hardy a chance for a fish to get into the pond from the river. I'm guessing these bass or carp that are in there are transplants from years ago. There is a large beaver dam in the pond as well. Late summer the pond is very stagnant and low. Your right about the bugs down there and garbage. Don't waste your time thinking your going to have a "hayday" down there. Not worth your time ! Maybe I'm wrong about how the fish got in there, but I've been down there with my dog many times and have never seen any fish in there.
craigknws2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in