River Fishing...suggestions? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default River Fishing...suggestions?

Fishing rivers and streams is my absolute favorite way to spend the day. I used to fish the Illinois often back in Oklahoma. As for Colorado I have mainly fished the Poudre up around the hatchery and the Big Thompson on occasion. A couple weeks ago I got the chance to fish the North Platte just north of Walden for a short while. Landed a few small brownies in the short amount of time we fished it. Any other suggestions on some other areas to fish that within 2 or 3 hours? I am currently in Greeley but will be relocating to South Denver in Sept. How about the Yampa River? I have heard there are areas where you can fish for both warm and cold water species. Where would that access be? Thanks for the suggestions!
Bronco1_80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: River Fishing...suggestions?

I fish rivers......on the eastern plain for cats! So I doubt I could help you with trout rivers.
bigfish76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

South Platte in Cheesman Canyon and many miles of the Arkansas are both readily accessible from south of town.* Up north..you named the ones I normally hit, Poudre, etc.* Yampa is alot of fun, river can be unpredictable, but many good lakes in the area for the slow times.* Good Luck
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Arkansas...The Colorado...once runoff slows...and even now...they get pushed to the edges...the Taylor below Taylor Res...big big big fish!...
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
colonative

Blue , Colorado by Parshall, Drean Stream, link has alot up by Granby.

http://www.resourceanalysis.com/fishing.html
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all of the suggestions, they should keep me busy and broke trying out some new spots!
Bronco1_80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Don't forget the platte through elevenmile canyon. From Denver, can't go wrong in cheesman canyon or dream stream.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in