Moving Next Week - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Moving Next Week

Hi Guys, I'm moving to Colorado this upcoming week. We're moving to Aurora from Ohio. I dont have a boat right at the moment so I would be either Shore fishing or using my waders. Is there any good fishing spots that will be reasonably close to me (say 1 hr) ? I come from another fishing community www.ohiogamefishing.com Hopefully I'll be fairly regular on here. My wife is doing her internship out that way so I'll only be there for 1 year but hoping to get some of the best fishing that I hear that Colorado has. I'll only be in town 2 weeks a month as my work place is letting me work 2 weeks a month in Ohio and 2 weeks from home in Colorado. If anyone could help me out in finding some decent water and I'll do the rest. In Ohio I fish mainly for Crappie and Walleye but I know Trout and Salmon fishing are big there. I've never caught a native trout. Ohio only has a couple places with trout which most are released. Looking to catch my 1st

Thanks for any advise

Mike aka Zfish
zfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Moving Next Week

what part of ohio?
wiggin and jiggin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Try doing a search on here for aurora, quincy, and cherry creek. All those should be within a few minutes of you.. Also search for kokanee if you want to try for those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

the fishing will be very defferent compared to ohio, we do have warm water fish,but are warm water season is alot shorter then ohios, and colorado is a good bet when it comes to lunker walleye, one of the easyer states to catch one over the famous 8lb mark, but i think u will find it much less productive than ohio, i would fish the more notorius waters at night or during the week and not on a weekend! what would u like to fish for? give me a pm and we can get out on the water, i can even show u how to catch a slimer!(trout) Did u fish for cats at all in ohio? i went to college in iowa and fell in love with river fishing cats!
denverbassman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Right now I'm in the Cincinnati area but I grew up a couple hours North I'll fish for anything that swims but my favorite couple fish to catch are perch, crappie and Walleyes/Saugeyes (a hybrid that Ohio uses to stock)

Denver,

Thats a great offer. I do fish for catfish out on the Ohio River from time to time. I've caught some Flatheads, Channels but I've never caught a Blue yet. I have a lot of friends that catch those but out schedules never sync up for me to go out on the boat with them. My wife grew up in Iowa around the Clinton area so I do know a little about Iowa just been there a couple times visiting some of her family. I look forward to the invite and I'll shoot you a PM later this evening.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

welcome to colo if you want to fish warm water come on down to pueblo, it is about 1hour and 20 min so. of den. i have a 19ft boat and can fish anytime. walleye and wiper are what i target.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Of course, given my bias, and the recent master angler, I have to recommend the south platte in cheesman canyon. Mapquest deckers, co....the lot is about 2-3 miles outside of deckers. Research it on the net, and PM if you need help on technique and lures to use on trout.

j
Old 06-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

zfish I sent you a PM.

Kevin
Old 06-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Foldem,

I sent you one right back.

Walleye Seeker,

I love the name and hopefully we can do a trip one of these days! I wonder how similar our techniques are.

For those of you who trout and salmon fish do you guys usually use spinning gear or fly fish? I do have some hand me downs on fly fishing but thats about it as Ohio doesnt really have much down my way so it's just not something I ever really have had the chace to get into. I really appriciate the hospitality of the site so far!!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
indyjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclay0429
I have to recommend the south platte in cheesman canyon.*

pretty tough water for a newbie trout fisherman.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in