Night fishing in N.CO 6/13 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Night fishing in N.CO 6/13

OK I have not done ANY night fishing since I have moved to CO, so I am on my own for the night and would love to get out. Anyone interested? I am in Greeley, but would be able to get to Ft Collins, Loveland etc if anyone wants to show me the ropes!
jwhitman36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Night fishing in N.CO 6/13

Got a few pointers.....get a lantern, some kind of light deflector,( a beer can cut in 1/2 works great), and some chicken livers. Go to Seeley's lake and fish close to the lot ( if you have alot to carry).....it's close to home and there's nice cats. The light deflector keeps the light and the bugs out in front of you. If you can't see your rod tip use a piece of glow tape on the tip......or fish open bail style and watch your line. Also use crawlers to catch a carp and get some fresh cut-bait.

Not sure how much of the ropes you know so thought I'd get you started.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
hobiecat

Jsckson can be good. Fish the boay ramp ogg the sides. I too like using chicken livers. No weight, just a number 2 hook. Don't try to overthread the chicken liver. Just a couple times through with the hook. Then, a nice gentle lob on out. You don't have to get that far out.

I like putting the lantern a ways back up behind me. Helps keep the bugs away. Also, don't forget the bug spray. It's west nile season.

Good Luck.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat

I like putting the lantern a ways back up behind me. Helps keep the bugs away. Also, don't forget the bug spray. It's west nile season.

Good Luck.

The reason I use foil or a can to deflect light is so that I can remain in the dark while only the shore and my poles are lit up. I've found that if I don't wear bright colors the bugs aren't attracted to light coming off my clothes. Also don't like being watched by some looney at night.....It's tough to see me back in the shadows.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
hobiecat

mogul buster, I agree foil or a tin can is a great light deflector. Very useful.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

anyone interested in going? So far havent had any luck finding a friend to go!!
jwhitman36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in