best fishing experiances - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default best fishing experiances

so what are all of yours?? mine is cathching 3 muskies in one day
big k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: best fishing experiances

I have two of them.* *One was 2 yrs ago when I had to get down in my gruns and dig a 26Lb cat out of a brush pile.* The other was helping Catfish Belly land a 25Lb monster on fathers day last year. Again I had to go in after that fish too.* But over all I think every time I go fishing is my best experience because I love it so much

Old 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
hobiecat

It had to be at Jackson the year before my Dad died.* We were fishing the canal as the water was running in and I was catching eight to ten pound wipers.* Dad just sat in his chair, with his rod anchored down and dozed on and off.* He didn't catch a fish.

On the way home, I told him I sure wish he could of caught a couple.* He just said to me.* "Dave, it wasn't the catchin I was after, it was just the time we got to spend together that I enjoyed so much.* I've always loved watching you fish, the passion you have for it. I'll never forget it.* *
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

One of mine is the only trip to Powell back in 98.* Full week of fishin, drinkin and eatin well.* Had the houseboat, two fishin boats, it was a great time.*
Caught my first stripers, biggest was small by Powell standards only 8 or 9 lbs, but nothing like finding a school, hours of fun.* Also caught alot of cats, a couple over 10 and some good eyes too.* Best fish of the trip was my buddies crappie on a 4" yamamoto grub - size of a figgin dinner plate.* Never have seen on in person or even on TV as large since.* No measurements that I can recall, it was dinner time.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

below the hydro electric damn, in iowa falls iowa, the date was april10th 1997, the time was from 10am to 1pm ,the fish were channel cats, and lots of them, during that short amount of time we caught over 40 cats and none were smaller than 6lbs, i even caught a nice pike on chicken liver! it was none stop action, the best cat fishing ive ever had!
denverbassman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat
It had to be at Jackson the year before my Dad died. We were fishing the canal as the water was running in and I was catching eight to ten pound wipers. Dad just sat in his chair, with his rod anchored down and dozed on and off. He didn't catch a fish.

On the way home, I told him I sure wish he could of caught a couple. He just said to me. "Dave, it wasn't the catchin I was after, it was just the time we got to spend together that I enjoyed so much. I've always loved watching you fish, the passion you have for it. I'll never forget it.
I had similar experiences with my dad, and grandfather(s). It kind of give me new meaning to life. I work hard at catching fish fore sure, but those times with them are always in the back of my mind.
tal0362 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Aurora Reservoir...being the wiper bigot I am...fish up shallow in clear water...had seven chances one day with fish over 10 pounds...with 4 pound Trilene XL...landed 5 between 10 and 14 pounds...only broke off or lost two fish in seven hours...

That and my first vacation when I was 12 with my grandma...Spearfish Creek in South Dakota...I fished for 7 days non stop...she just let me run wild and show up for food back at the campsite...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in