Chatfield Spillway Runoff - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chatfield Spillway Runoff

Anybody know when they will shut of the water that comes through the spillway. I here that there is supposed to be some pretty good fishing for catfish between the two catwalks when they slow down the runoff. I would like to hear what you guys know.
bharper2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Chatfield Spillway Runoff

Whenever run off stops...usually around mid June until the end of July...I think all the 10 pound walleyes have escaped...cant wait for the spawn taking signs by the DOW next year...will egg take for food!...or got Brooder Walleyes?!...
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Chatfield spill way shows awesome potential for dam fishing techniques that they use out east. It is always good catting, you just need the right bait in the right spot! I would be there every night if it wasnt 50 miles away from me!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

What are the techniques and what bait should be used? I was planning on using a slip weight with nightcrawlers or cutbait. Any other tips?
bharper2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was over there last night, and some dude hooked into a really nice kitty. He was fighting it for about 20mins, maybe more seemed like ages. Anyway, handed the rod to another guy so he could go down to the water to land the fish, and the guy he handed it to broke it off. That would have pissed me off. He got him on a huge chunk of chicken liver, and people were taking a lot of walleye on crawlers using heavy weights, 3oz or so. Spillway is good fishing right now.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to bassunlimited

I caught a twenty five inch cat at waneka last week fishing a minnow under a bobber. I was trying for crappie and not really watching my pole. I almost lost him because I was using a light wire hook. Next time I go out I will try for catfish. I am going to use livers and bloodbait nuggets. My question is what sort of hook will work best fishing on the bottom to make sure the fish gets hooked up. Circle hooks, trebles? That was one hell of a fight he put up. I hope to catch him again this week. There are a lot of good cats in that lake from what a guy walking around the lake was saying.
bassunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in