The drama continues at chatty!(bad day) - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The drama continues at chatty!(bad day)

well im at home and the boat is still in the parking lot at chatty, the madcatter and i were waiting in line to drop are boat in the water, and i noticed a nasty metal on metal noise, upon further inspection my driver side wheel bearing on the boat was now metal on metal, we jacked up the boat and the wheel fell off! thank god it did not fall off on c-470 doing 70mph, that could of been ugly, any way we will be at the north boat ramp in the morning trying to do a parking lot fix job ! so if anybody has the day off and would like to join in the fun , and then go hammer some smallies let us know!

Ok today started off good untill we got to chatty, we then found out that the nut had worked its way on top of the cottor pin and had to make things realey bad from the get go, then finding out that the trailor place shorted us one wheel bareing, no worry napa came through, then finding out that the hub was 1/8 of an inch to long and we could not start the nut, and had every thing else ready to rock, but the new hub was to long, pretty nerv racking to say the least,but oh yes we did get the catallic home, only it sat on top of a car hauler, and to make the hole trip one for the books while we were parked working on the boat another boat pulled up next to us and i could here this guys talking about there slimmer and how they didnt want to clean it or somthing, well they decied to offer it to the poor guys working on there 1954 "Catalliac"* and i know they might of been really nice guys and all, but i was to the point that i wanted to go stick that slimer were the ballbareing grease dont shine, any way heres a pick of the catalliac coming home! it will sail again, it took third in a trouny at the same lake last year it has to sail again, if not it would be unfair to the general comp, i will keep my classic, with no depth finder and all!

P.S Its good to know rednecks with nice toys!
denverbassman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
hobiecat

Default Re: Bad night at chatty!

I feel your pain dbm. The same thing happened to me at adobe creek (Blue) several years back. After unloading the boat, I had a flat tire and I thought I'd change it after we were done fishing. Big mistake, I lifted up the trailer and the wheel fell off and no one was left at the lake. Luckily, there was an old rusted out stock type trailer buried axle deep in the mud, must have been sitting there twenty five years. I dug it's flat tires out of the mud,took a wheel bearing off, wasn't the right size, but slightly smaller and limped her into Las Animas, where the chief of police let us leave her in his parking lot.

Like you say, thank God it didn't fall off on the road. I think He looks out after us fisherman, and idiots. And in my case, I'm definitely glad He doesn't tell me which one He thinks that I am.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

no kidding, im off to fix it !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I saw your boat today when I left the lake. It looked very lonely............Hopefully you get it fixed and back on the road/water!

Dan
Old 06-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

I spent four hours in the parking lot of Subway in Buena Vista trying to figure out how to replace a hub. Got to Taylor Res. 10 hours after leaving Denver... Worth it and definately glad that the thing didn't come off the rig on the road. I noticed the thing wobbling in Fairplay.

Scary.

I was on the golf course today and just noticed your post. I would have come out and given you a hand if I knew.
Hope that you got her going!

Get 'em.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Re: The drama continues at chatty!(bad day)

did i mention that over the crouse of the day we logged over 350miles combinned! that sucks! and plenty of greenbacks also, idid fell better when i saw some dump guy totaly destroy his prop while trying to drop his 20fter in the drink, i think he forgot to do something, like raise his moter or somthing! ive got to go catch some fish thats the only thing that will make me feel better!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverbassman
did i mention that over the crouse of the day we logged over 350miles combinned! that sucks! and plenty of greenbacks also, idid fell better when i saw some dump guy totaly destroy his prop while trying to drop his 20fter in the drink, i think he forgot to do something, like raise his moter or somthing! ive got to go catch some fish thats the only thing that will make me feel better!
I saw a guy launch his 24 footer with his Mercedes SUV and after strarting the motor, found a leak. Then when he pulled his boat back out of the water, dragged his prop half way across the parking lot. Brilliant Bumpkin...

Old 06-19-2007, 04:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

The other day I saw two guys trying to launch a 20ft at N boat ramp.* Put it in the H2o with the straps hanging and started the motor.* Straps wrapped in prop.* Two ********* waist deep couldn't get 'em unwound.* Got in the truck and dragged that thing across the concrete.* Just about left the lower unit on the loading ramp!* Guy gets out of the truck scratching his head.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

My first time taking my boat out I dragged it up the ramp at Martin's Bay at Lake Mac - from the bottom to the very top staging area (what is that, 3/4 mile?). That shook the new boat curse instantly.

DenverBassMan and Catter - at Walmart, for about $15 or $20 you can get yourself a set of Bearing Buddies. They replace the dust cap on your hub - a couple squirts of lube after ever trip into the bearing buddies and you shouldn't have a problem in the future.

Good Luck!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

those will be installed this week, and if the trailor dosent work i will start hand launcing it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in