Twins lakes rookie - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Twins lakes rookie

Hey Gang, The tribe and I are heading to Twins lakes for the weekend, this willbe our first trip to waht I hear is a great fishing lake and a huge producer back in the Day (90's). "Can I get a witness" and some tips and an overview of Twin lakes.

Thanks! BooooYAH!!
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Twins lakes rookie

Wrong place to post, but i'll reply here.* Fishing from shore or boat??* If from shore you should stick to the north side of the lower lake and should spend some time below the power plant.* The lower lake is a big bowl, with some structure down near the dam, but fish will be cruzing pretty close to shore.* If you are in a boat you should focus on the West shore of the lower lake where the channel from the upper lake comes in, and also fish some on the East side, down by the dam where the river channels split off into several directions.* You will see deeper channels, with good points/reefs going into deeper water.* Also try fishing some of the big rip rap on the south side of the lower lake.* You should be able to pick up some lakers, but the big girls have probably gone deeper by now.* There are lots of trout in Twin as well, so you should catch some fish.* The upper lake is relatively shallow, but you can pick it apart and find some fisheable water.* If you want to catch lakers, but are not necessarily hoping to catch a big one, I woul recommend going to Turquise Lake (just west of Leadville by the golf course).* Go fish near the inlet on the west end and you should catch pups all day long.* That's about all I can tell ya; you have to put some time on the water and figure them out, just like the rest of us.* Good Luck!
Rip Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in