Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cheesman Res. Tips? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17437)

jclay0429 06-18-2007 01:13 PM

Cheesman Res. Tips?

Well, nothing comes up on the searches because it's been 5+ years. So, who knows. Anyway, anyone have any tips? My plan is two poles: one with a worm or p.b. fished off the bottom, the other casting various lures. I'll likely start with a rainbow x-rap, then try various other rapalas and spinners.

I can't wait. Also, if anyone else wants to go and split gas lemme know. Leaving from Lakewood at 4:15 am, returning 2-3 pm. One other guy from the fishing site (who's from out of town) and another friend of mine are going. Have room for 1 more.

j

fishnphil 06-18-2007 01:18 PM

Re: Cheesman Res. Tips?

I never really fished the lake, always hiked around it to the canyon though, and I saw people pull in very very nice rainbows, 25+ inches, 3-5 lbs, on pink rooster tails that looked fairly large for trout.

My advice, throw anything the trout might like, they haven't been fished in so long that place should be unreal.

panman 06-18-2007 01:24 PM

Don't announce it's opening to 4000 people might be a good tip for fishing. Instead of opening day I guess I'll wait a month now

COfisher 06-18-2007 01:35 PM

It's actually been announced at least one other time on this site before. Keeping it fresh in peoples heads sure doesn't help though. I just hope nobody slays them then posts on this forum about it. They do that and the fishing there will go down real fast with all the stupid lurkers that are on this site.

paddlefish 06-18-2007 01:44 PM

fishnphil 06-18-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddlefish
Quote:

Originally Posted by panman
Don't announce it's opening to 4000 people might be a good tip for fishing.* Instead of opening day I guess I'll wait a month now

He didn't announce it. The story was in the Denver Post about three weeks ago and has been mentioned here at least twice. Was about as big a secret as Paris Hilton going to jail.

Paris Hilton went to jail??

:D :D :D

I doubt that anyone who cares about the lake opening doesn't already know it. I'd be surprised if each local news did something on it, I mean it was closed due to the largest fire in CO history and all, LoL.

Whoever goes there opening day, weekend, or for the first month it's open.....Good luck and take your happy attitude with you, I'm sure you'll need it.

Panman, it's been announced here at least twice already.

jclay0429 06-18-2007 02:40 PM

I wouldn't have said anything if everyone and their brother didn't already know. Unlikely that more people will hit the opener who haven't already planned on it, given that it opens in about 36 hours.

Anyway, I'll post some pics of the crowds for all to see. And, hopefully some fish.

Cajun 06-18-2007 03:43 PM

I would definitly have some flies such as small wooly buggers and midge patterns to put behind a bubble. I'd imagine that on opening day, those fish will be seeing all kinds of hardware that they never seen before so I'd stick to something natural looking.

longdraw 06-18-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclay0429
I wouldn't have said anything if everyone and their brother didn't already know.* Unlikely that more people will hit the opener who haven't already planned on it, given that it opens in about 36 hours.* *

Anyway, I'll post some pics of the crowds for all to see.* And, hopefully some fish.

Don't worry, that is a pretty big lake with a small section of access. Even if 4K people show up, 3990 of them won't know how to "slay 'em". It's that old 90/10 rule.

hatchmaster 06-18-2007 06:57 PM

I'll be up there on Wednesday. Hopefully it will be a good time. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky 10%. Oh and I'll post a report.