Unbelieveable!!!! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Unbelieveable!!!!

It sure is sad that a post about revealing hot spots or a post on catch and release will go on for days and pages with many posts from several different people... But an actual productive post or a post about bunch of kids that had a time of there life, some first time ever fishing or first time on a boat, with some awesome photos has only 114 views, gets 10 posts, less than 1 page by a handful of members when there are tons of members,,,,.... How sad it is.....

https://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...?topic=18783.0
fishinwithlund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Unbelieveable!!!!

i agree 100%
Old 06-18-2007, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

i agree too

Old 06-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

it is sad

Dan
Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
JR9130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Goon
I'm willing to bet that people aren't as receptive about kids fishing on here probably because it's more people that will eventually encroach on your favorite fishing holes when they get older..... you know how people here are about their "honey holes"

but for real, it's a shame and kind of selfish in a way.... because if peope don't really give a damn about what kids do and don't encourage their children to do positive things like go outdoors and go fishing, that's another generation of kids doomed to an existence of antidepressants and sound bite attention spans.
I couldnt have said it better
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've been so 'busy' getting things out of this forum, trying to maximize my odds of good fishing day before I move to Pittsburgh. Fish, location, & reports cannot be more important than people.
1moreFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think alot of us looked at the pics and thought to ourselves "that is great"!!! Totally enjoyed Dave's post, but why do I have to post anything, when I wasn't there?
Neal/CO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

I looked at the pics, and thought they were great. I am all for an event like this and for sure will be there to participate when I have a boat and some knowledge of how to catch those finicky pueblo fish
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Goon
I'm willing to bet that people aren't as receptive about kids fishing on here probably because it's more people that will eventually encroach on your favorite fishing holes when they get older..... you know how people here are about their "honey holes"

but for real, it's a shame and kind of selfish in a way.... because if peope don't really give a damn about what kids do and don't encourage their children to do positive things like go outdoors and go fishing, that's another generation of kids doomed to an existence of antidepressants and sound bite attention spans.
Holy King of Sweeping Generalizations (regarding first paragraph)! I personally have directed several people this year to my "favorite honey hole" so they could get their kids into fishing. I take my daughters all the time, they love it. I have also taken my nephew and niece this year. And my brother is coming in from Missouri and I am taking HIS kids fishing too. Also, I have found that the people on this board are very generous with information regarding taking your kids fishing. There might be a few selfish people, but for the most part I have found the opposite to be true around here.

As for your second paragraph, I totally agree.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal/CO
I think alot of us looked at the pics and thought to ourselves "that is great"!!! Totally enjoyed Dave's post, but why do I have to post anything, when I wasn't there?
You are right, obviously there were people who looked but did not post a reply and there is no requirement to post a reply and thats ok.

What makes me sad is the fact that if a topic was posted as "lots of fish caught at Pueblo, pics included" there would have tons more views and as a result more replies. It can give impression that taking a bunch of kids fishing whose parent(s) are off serving their country is less important.

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in