Chattfield and Aurora ?s - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chattfield and Aurora ?s

Well I have my license and the only place I've made it to was up by Georgetwon over the weekend but had the dogs so I didnt get much fishing in.

Anyways I'm use to Ohio fishing (crappie and Walleye/Saugeyes) There are lake trout and things like that in Lake Erie but i'm not up to date on a lot of the Colorado fishing.

I'm usually an ultralight fisherman 4 to 6lb test and I love to fish Road Runners. Do those work well around here? I havent checked out Gander yet but I did look at Sportsmans Warehouse for some Vibee's for verticle jigging and ice fishing but havent seen them anywhere around here. Does anyone know where i can get some?

Are there other specific baits and lures I should be getting if I dont have them into my collection. Right now I'd be happy to catch about anything.
zfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Chattfield and Aurora ?s

Add Castmasters to your list of lures for Colorado especially if you are targeting trout. If targeting Walleye and Bass I would suggest Rapalas in both shad rap patterns and X-rap. Also don't forget a variety of tube jigs.

Dan
Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Dan. I have the Rapalas and Tubes. I may have 1 or 2 castmasters left but I guess I'll have to stock up on those Thanks a bunch. Do you fish either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I like the rapalas best. I don't use tubes too often and the Kastmasters are used somewhere between the Raps and Kastys.

Try hitting Gander Mountain in Aurora, Speak to Donald in the fishing dept. He can help you select what you need for success and also give great advice on techniques.

Dan

Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
hobiecat

Roadrunners, you bet!* Roadrunners are my favorite jig for walleyes.* I buy them from Cabellas or Dicks in the 25 packs for $10.00.* Just dress them up with some twister tails or fuzzy grubs and add half a crawler or a minnow.* Drag them slow along the bottom, more dragging than jigging.* I like the one eighth oz and add spit shot if I need more weight.*

Kastmasters and Roostertails for Trout.

Husky Jerks for Walleye

Bomber A's for Wiper*
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you ask me there is nothing more versatile or effective as a jighead and plastic to cover most all fishing situations. For walleye I like an 1/8 or 3/16 oz round ball jighead and 4" plastics. For bass you can go to a larger football head or something else with a crawdad imitation. For panfish just downsize. You can fish anywhere from the top to the bottom, just depends on what you rig and how you rig it.
roth2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
FishinWithLowe

Get with spoons, get with trout
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeppers go talk to the mad scientist...Donald at Gander Mountain in Aurora...
Old 06-26-2007, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

ZMAN,

You have no idea how much your name keeps confusing me LOL On all of the websites that I belong to I'm either Zfish or ZMAN I keep seeing your name and thinking " I didn't post that did I " ?

Sounds like I'll have to make the trip to Gander and meet Don !

Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a couple hours this week and fishin?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in