need help using a dodger - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default need help using a dodger

I've never used* a dodger, I need sone info. Whitch end is up one end is curved up and one down? How long of a leader should I use? and can I troll it deeper without a downrigger?* can I put weights on the line? I'll be going to Green mountian Res. and trolling for kokanee.* Please Help Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: need help using a dodger

A lot of the information in the links above unfortunately don't apply to Kokanee fishing. There are many manufactures of dodgers and many sizes. For Kokanee fishing you'll likely want something in the 4" or 5" size. There should be a swivel on one end and a snap on the other. The swivel goes to the rod end of the line and the snap on the leader end. As far as leader length, it depends of what lure your are dragging. Lures that impart their own action like spinners, apexes or spoons get a little longer leader, 24" would be average. For lures like hootchies and bugs, a 8" to 10" leader would be better as the wobble of the dodger is what shakes the lure for action. Downrigger is best if you have one, otherwise, leadcore line with at least a 30' leader of mono to the dodger. Weights complicate the action of the dodger and defeat the purpose of light tackle fishing for hard fighting Kokes.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Re: need help using a dodger

Ohhh thaaats what those things are, Dodgers. What in SLAYERFISHs' name are they used for?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in