Words at Q - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
colonative

Default Words at Q

Took the toon out for the 3rd time with the motor today to Q. Did alot better, no figure 8's or circles.* I like tollng backwards and using my flippers to guide me. Otherwise, can the motor and just use the flippers. 2 bites but stayed out in the middle trying to figure out the boat. Saw a big LMB caught and kept. Got reports from father and sons Senkos were working good for them but no keepers.

Anyways there's this guy and his wife fishing the south shore. 2 dudes in a boat pull up and camp maybe 20 feet from them right in their hole. The shore guy...and rightfully so, proceeds to tell them to move their sorry "explative deleted *ss's the "explative deleted", outta there. The boat doesn't move. The shore guys says "explative deleted", I'm headin back to the pull out now and I'll deal with you there. Boat moved. It was classic confrontation. Glad there were no kids around.

That's the most action I saw. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Words at Q

That probably wasn't the same guy and wife that was infringed on up at Jefferson Lake.* * *
Maynard G Krebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

I was there and the guy on shore was a real frickin jerk. I agree that the guy in the boat was in the wrong but I believe it could have been handled without the laguage and threats. Sometimes the boaters just dont realize what they are doing. If the guy on shore reads this be aware that you sound like a mental miget!
McFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I got out there late in the afternoon and fished till almost 8PM. There was hardly anyone out there. I saw two float tubes, two boats, and only one guy on shore the whole entire time. What a blast!!!
flying fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Shore fisherman do have the right away, but. Sometimes when your floating you lose track of where your at with fish on the brain. I was fishing a lake up north a while I slowly using my flippers to go backwards with a wooly bugger out. When all of the sudden a sinker flies past my face. It was close enough to where I actually heard the sinker buzzing by. I look over and it's a guy with his wife and daughter. That I must have got a little to close to. I hate to say it, but if he didn't have his family with him I would have been on shore and out of my boat in seconds, but with him having his family there I didn't say anything.

If a boat is getting a little to close START with being nice and asking for some room. If they don't listen and then you want to through in a few $%^ bombs that's ok. I know I shouldn't say it's ok, but thats what 95% of us would do. Maybe not threaten to beat anyone up, but a hey look here #$$^%# you to damn close.

As many times as I've put my self in dangerous situations thinking about fish instead of safety. Like I'm sure we all have a time or two...It's completely understandable for a boat to get a little close when a guys not watching his srurroundings, but paying attention to his rod tip or what not waiting for a bite. Doesn't mean the guy purposely is moving in on the shoreline trying to piss people off.

To all you guys that jump the gun about getting in an argueing match or fist fight over being crowded while fishing. Go to any of the famous tailwaters in Colorado!!! You'll have guys literally walk through the pool your fishing, or have a couple of them try to crowd you until you give up the spot. It's rediculas what people will do to fish the toilet bowl!!! Big fish make people stupid...including me!

To bad about the kept bass thats a real shame. Take that tooner up to Spinney with the motor!
panman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Definite shame to hear about a keeper bass leaving Quincy on a stringer.

On the senkos - while wading around out there I found some Yamamoto senkos and Yamamoto swim senkos lying on shore. Saw some used Roboworms lying around too. I don't agree with the salt free/scent free rule, but if I'm following the regs, I wish others would too.
flying fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

I saw several people with illegal plastics on the fourth.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
tc

Keep in mind that shore fishermen have the right of way if they are there first. I fish the Q from a boat and from shore. I have had times where someone will walk up and ask me to move when I had been there for an hour prior to them getting there. That dog don't hunt. By the same token, the regs say that boats must stay 150 feet from an occupied shoreline. Most people in boats come in much closer than that especially on the dam. If I can cast and hit your boat or even come close, you best be movin' on!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Its tough for me because I am a shore and boat fisher. But I will have to side on the shore fisher. NOTHING pisses me off more than some boat or jet-skier starts raging close to my bait lines when I am patiently trying to catch a fish whilst drinkin my beer. GIVE EM SOME SPACE.
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I agree with the shore fishermans rights I was just saying that it usually can be handled without screaming vulgar language and threats of violence. Especially when children are present.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in