lakes in Greeley?? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default lakes in Greeley??

Hello fella's Im moving to Greeley this upcoming Saturday and was wondering where to fish? I have been up there many times but havent seen any. Thank You
co. fishingman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: lakes in Greeley??

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah I have been to seeley lake its alright all I caught were trout off kastmasters. Are the fish in that lake edible? It seem a little dirty to me because all I seen were dead carp and shad all over the place.
co. fishingman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I also live in Greeley and pretty much agree with everything that Waleye970 wrote. As far as eating the fish out of Seeley, I've heard of people doing it and they are still alive, but I wouldn't personally.
Bronco1_80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

you dont need to worry about the fish in seeleys lake lol people like fishon are the kinda people that carry around sanitation bottles on a ring around there belt haha
FishersofMen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

I also live in Greeley.......Seeley's is fed by dirty irragation runoff......so if you like insecticide, herbicide and fertilizer then go ahead and eat the fish. There are some monster cats in there though.....as well as tiger musky (don't know how many). My fishing trips are rarely in town.....Ft. Collins and Loveland have much more fishing.......I guess they actually give a sh*t about fisherman there.

Jackson Res. is about 45 minutes away.....Lonetree and Lon Hagler are about 35 minutes......Boyd is 20 minutes......the better ponds are 20 minutes.....Horsetooth is 40 minutes.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

i have friends who live by and boat on that lake, and if there was any serious threat they would not allow people in the water, and man u need to quit worrying about insecticides and herbicides cuz i bet there was some on the food u had for dinner.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

ok everyone out there think about this, all lakes are dirty and have insecticides and herbicides in them
think about this ok reservoirs are fed by ditches, ditches are fed by rivers and the run off runs back into ditches who run into the river! so every lake u think of (except for mountain lakes of course) have all this "crud" in them! not to mention that alot of the city run off runs directly into the poudre (god only knows what city folks put in there) and then the poudre runs into the platte which eventually joins the north platte which will flow into the missouri which flows into the mississippi and that flows into the sea! just stop worrying cuz there is no way around it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishersofMen
ok everyone out there think about this, all lakes are dirty and have insecticides and herbicides in them
think about this ok reservoirs are fed by ditches, ditches are fed by rivers and the run off runs back into ditches who run into the river! so every lake u think of (except for mountain lakes of course) have all this "crud" in them! not to mention that alot of the city run off runs directly into the poudre (god only knows what city folks put in there) and then the poudre runs into the platte which eventually joins the north platte which will flow into the missouri which flows into the mississippi and that flows into the sea! just stop worrying cuz there is no way around it.

I agree.......but on the east side of Seeley's there is a ditch feeding the lake that is brown and smells of feedlot. It turns that whole side coffee color. If you're going to fish to keep them....I'd go elsewhere.........but to each his own.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

thats one of the best spot to find cats, too bad u can only get to it by boat, but fortunately im alowed on there
Old 07-07-2007, 01:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
i have friends who live by and boat on that lake, and if there was any serious threat they would not allow people in the water, and man u need to quit worrying about insecticides and herbicides cuz i bet there was some on the food u had for dinner.
I'm not worried!!! I don't eat warm water fish.....and I skipped on dinner tonight.

Quote:
thats one of the best spot to find cats, too bad u can only get to it by boat, but fortunately im alowed on there
Walleye is right......you and everyone else.....at night.....which is when cats bite. You can fish that spot from shore.......it's in-between Monforts and Mr. Renfro......just have to ask.....or know them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye970
Me, I just hook up the boat and head to greener pastures.
AMEN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in