Open Bass Tournament at Chatfield - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
tc

Default Open Bass Tournament at Chatfield

How good of a bass fisherman are you? Have you ever watched a fishing show on TV and thought "I can do that". You have a chance to prove it and win some cash at the same time. The Denver Bassmasters will be hosting it's first annual DBM Open Team Tournament at Chatfield Reservoir on September 8, 2007. It will be a team format, two anglers per team. You do not need to be a member of the DBM or any other organization to fish in the tournament. A boat with a working livewell and adequate saftey features will be required. Finish places will be determined by a total weight of a five ( total) fish limit consisting of largemouth, smallmouth or combination. Entry fee will be $100 per team with a 100% payout. Minimum first place prize will be $1000 to the winning team. The prize money will increase with participation. Sponsors of the tournament will include Budweiser Beer, country music station 92.5 The Wolf FM, and more. There will be live radio coverage of the weighin and other festivities at the weighin site. For any boat that weighs in exactly 9.25 lbs of bass, there will be a bonus prize of $925. All local regulations and tournament rules set forth will apply. Some of the specifics are still in the works and dates or details are subject to change, I will keep everyone posted. If there is a 50 boat turnout for this tournament, it's possible that whichever team wins can take home over $3000 if they hit the bonus weight too. Not bad for a day of fishing!! For more info you can go to www.Denverbassmasters.com , click on the "flyer" tab and e-mail anyone listed on the flier. You can contact me through this website or you can attend our monthly meeting at Bass Pro Shops in Denver on September 5th at 7 pm in the meeting room. Hope to see you there!! TC
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Open Bass Tournament at Chatfield

I'm in.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
P I K E

* *Dam,Dam,Dam....That's the same weekend of the pike tourney at the Mile! : * * *Give em he77 Jon!!!* * Good Luck!!
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Crap!!! I dont have a live well
What can I do?
Old 08-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I sure wish I could fish this tournament. Chatfield is my lake. I will be at Lake Meade fishing the U.S. Open. It will be a very fun tournament and I think that getting 50 boats won't be a problem. As far as not having a livewell, you must have one to fish and they will be checking the boats livewells before launching. You might make a post to look for a partner that has a boat with a livewell.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
OG LOKE

Yeah this sounds great!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Catter™
Crap!!! I dont have* a live well*
What can I do?
Grab a large cooler, and places like Sportsmans or Walmart sell pumps you can connect right to your 12 volt battery. It will keep your fish alive for a long time doing that. Thats all I have, but it works great. Look for them by the fire extiguishers and boat horns and other accessories.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

i would love to but i dont have a boat ive always wanted to fish in a bass tournament i might show up and do some shore fishing good luck to everyone participating TIGHT LINES EVERYONE
fishhookers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Catter™
Crap!!! I dont have* a live well*
What can I do?
Grab a large cooler, and places like Sportsmans or Walmart sell pumps you can connect right to your 12 volt battery.* It will keep your fish alive for a long time doing that.* Thats all I have, but it works great.* Look for them by the fire extiguishers and boat horns and other accessories.

I have a make shift cooler already, I used it in the CWA open last year. They allowed it, would the DBM allow it I wonder? i just looked at thier website and couldnt find any rules
Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
tc

Rules will be posted soon, still working out the details. A 150 qt cooler with a bait saver kit would be fine for a livewell. Paste this on your search engine...
http://tinyurl.com/2vdo9n

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in