DOW meeting on artificials? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default DOW meeting on artificials?

Maybe I missed the discussion on this while I was on vacation. What's the scoop on paragragh 3?

The Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) is hosting an Angler Roundtable in Glenwood Springs on Wednesday, Aug. 15. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Glenwood Springs Community Center (100 Wulfsohn Drive).

Angler Roundtables are public meetings designed to provide people who fish with the opportunity to hear about DOW management and to ask questions and provide suggestions.

The Glenwood Springs Angler Roundtable will feature management information on waters in northwest Colorado. Scheduled presentations will provide information on potential changes in regulatory definitions of "bait" and "artificial fly and lure", recent efforts to enhance area fisheries and fish habitat and an update on the ongoing projects on Lake Christine near Basalt.

The Colorado Division of Wildlife is the state agency responsible for managing wildlife and its habitat, as well as providing wildlife related recreation. The Division is funded through hunting and fishing license fees, federal grants and Colorado Lottery proceeds through Great Outdoors Colorado. *

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NewsMedi...p?PressId=4444
fowl_hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: DOW meeting on artificials?

There was one on the 1st in Grand Junction as well... basically it looks like the flies and lures rule will go back to the way it was before the no scent or salted law.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePiC
basically it looks like the flies and lures rule will go back to the way it was before the no scent or salted law.
Really? Do you know when they are thinking of changing it? Is it a change for only certain parts of the state, or the entire state. Personally, I would like it to go back to the way it was. I've got a lot of salt infused plastics I haven't used in awhile due to those new regs.
mtman12672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtman12672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePiC
basically it looks like the flies and lures rule will go back to the way it was before the no scent or salted law.
Really? Do you know when they are thinking of changing it? Is it a change for only certain parts of the state, or the entire state. Personally, I would like it to go back to the way it was. I've got a lot of salt infused plastics I haven't used in awhile due to those new regs.
I would imagine the start of the year... they havent had a round table on the front range to explain it yet, hoping it makes its way around here... these seem to be the first 2 roundtables about this discussion, I'm guessing because most the flies and lure waters are on the western slope so they have been very outspoken about this regulation.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

That's good to hear. Hopefully it all goes through.
fowl_hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

The way I figure it should be is.........if it's man made it's artificial (except powerbait and other prepared dough baits) and it's bait if it's natural.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in