I'm fishing at Jefferson tomorrow and... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
colonative

Default I'm fishing at Jefferson tomorrow and...

picking up trash with my sister and her boyfriend. Never been to Jefferson before. Got a new throwin rig set up. Custom rod, new Shimano 1500FI. Gonna fish from the shore.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
hobiecat

Default Re: I'm fishing at Jefferson tomorrow and...

I read about that rod...sounds awesome. I heard there is some monster Macs in there...Might still want to bring the toon.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
colonative

Toon would be the right idea, and trying slabbing as well.I think it was you posted the video on slabbing that bass? Can't wait to get the patience and control of the toon to try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
hobiecat

Yeah...Check out those vids where the guy has the underwater camera on in the slabbing thread..
Old 09-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

ill be there also picking up trash, going to bring a small boat if its not to windy to launch.
littlemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
colonative

You'll see me right off. I'm 6'4" tall and chislded like a greek god. (actually 50 years old, bald, and 5'6",but will be wearing a CF t shirt.) My rides the Black 4Runner, PBZ2167. See ya tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, my bro colonative said I have the job of posting Jefferson clean-up. Sadly to say, only three forum members and two non-forum members showed up to clean the whole lake. On the brighter note, someone must have gotten there before us because there was no where near the trash as last time. We started fishing at approximately 6:00 a.m. (still very dark out), very, very cold. colonative couldn't wait for me and the bf to get rigged up and he threw in a spin bobber with a night crawler...he got a nice bow within 30 seconds. It was on from there on. We were all using bobbers and bobbers with nightcrawlers. We were bringing them in right and left, some nice phatties. Kept 4 phatties and had to keep two 8ers that wouldn't have made it. Then colonative, using a kastmaster, brought in a very nice mac. Since my bro has so many fishies in his freezer, he let us keep all fish he caught, including the mac - I'm preparing that for dinner tonight. We caught and released more than we kept. But wait! Its not over. After the trash clean-up we decided to go elsewhere as it was soooo crowded. Headed over to Antero - first time for all of us. Unfortunately bro and I got pewed. My bf hooked a HUGE bow and as I was racing with the net to help, the bow snapped off - my bf is still cussing. I did see it though, head the size of a softball, must have been approximately 26". That was it for us. Fished a little longer and drove home all thinking what a great day it had been.

Sorry for the long wind. Combined two stories into one. I will try to post a pic of the "paper towel mortuary" later. Actually there is only one pic and I haven't posted a pic yet so if someone wants to take it on - I can email pic.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
hobiecat

Sounds like a great road trip/ cleanup/ fishing expedition...Thanks for the post...Sorry your BF lost his big one...If you want to e-mail me your pic..I'll post it..I'll PM my e-mail address.. Thanks for cleaning up and posting to all of you that were there...

Dave
Old 09-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
hobiecat

Picture posted for dloring...

Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat
Sorry your BF lost his big one...
hey this is a family site

Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat i
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in