Fishing gear.... on the airplane. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing gear.... on the airplane.

Ok, so I am going to canada again this summer.... (only for 2 weekes this time but hey it's better than nothing)

anyways. it was a non issue last year with my gear becuase I just had loaded in the 'burbon that they were driving up to their place with.

But this year I have to bring my stuff in on a plane. so what are the deals with fishing gear ? I know to make sure I have the knives/multi tools out and stuff like that but... I want to try and go carry on only. ( Air canada lost my bag last time for about 2 weeks... that was fun). if I have to I guess I will go the checked bag route... but I really want to try and avoid that.

anyways I am looking for advice and all that. I will be giving air canada a call here in a bit... but getting someone on the phone there is like catching a tiger muskie.... sometimes it takes a 1000 tries.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Fishing gear.... on the airplane.

well I can't seem to delete my own post.... oh well

just found out that tackel is a no no on the plane.
it must be checked... but I can get my rods and reels on no problemo. (lmiit 2 rods 2 reels)

well so much for the carry on only plan* * D&%@~ IT.

hopefully they can get my bag on the plane this time.... and get it to me on the other end.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

I would be brigning my whole kit with me... so I don't think they are going to like the idea of very large tackel box worth of hooks

and the 1000 times things is what I remember form last year when they lost my bags.... and I spent hours on hold with the ____________________ (words are not enough to convey how much I hated their customer serivce. they never called back when they said they would. I could almost never get throug to someone. the line was busy a ton. They said they had fedex my bag to me.... gave me tacking number that was not valid.... once they found it for sure 2 weeks later they were able to get it to me in 2 days (they bag was left in denver and they had a bit problem finding my buddies place that is really kinda out there.... oh well)

god if they loose my whole fishing kit I am going to livid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

I can see a terrorist with a rapala in hand....... almost as scary as a terrorist with a pair of nail clippers!
McFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

I had to check my poles when I took a flight a little after 9-11, I asked why and they said the fishing line could be used as a weapon to strangle someone. So I needed to check the poles or they would take them as contraband.
I would bring a nice rod holder incase they tell you one thing and when you get there tell you soemthing different. I had to rubberband my poles together and hope for the best... They arrived in 1 piece so I was happy.

But I have noticed they aren't as strict anymore.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in