Creek Company Pontoon Boat Sale! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Creek Company Pontoon Boat Sale!

I was just browsing another board and saw an announcement that Creek Company (maker of fine float tubes and pontoon boats) is selling their 8' ODC Classic Pontoon for only $150 on the company website.* This would make a great Xmas gift and/or would be a great way to introduce yourself to the world of float tube/pontoon boat fishing!

Here's the link, in case you are interested.
http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdis...AutoID=6&Cat=3

I do own an 11-year old Creek Company U-boat IIs that I still use for high mountain lakes but most of my low-elevation and easy access fishing is now done from an Outcast FishCat 8.* They make good products...I want to get one of the Creek Company Flats Raider pontoons because they have an all-around casting deck that would be great for sight-fishing and getting more leverage when I'm fishing the frog or the swimbaits!* I just can't swing the $1000 price tag!
FishDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
hobiecat

Default Re: Creek Company Pontoon Boat Sale!

That is a great price...My buddy Lou used one for three years without a problem..You can modify the back deck for a trolling motor...His served him well, until he upgraded to a Floatcat 75...But, that's one heck of a deal..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
RMayfield

Great great find. I've been thinking of getting one, and I may just have to up and get this one. And free shipping? Wow!

Rob
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

That is SWEET, thankis for posting. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MEEEEEEEEEE.
flyfishgeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

There's gotta be a catch --- right? If it looks too good to be true, then.............................
brook king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think there's a catch...Creek Company is a serious contender in the float tube and pontoon boat industry and I doubt they'd risk their reputation on some kind of gimmick. If I recall the ad correctly, they are not including a pump with the pontoon, but you can get a double-action pump fairly cheaply.

I'd suggest that if someone is interested, just give Creek a call to confirm that the deal is for real, and then go from there.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brook king
There's gotta be a catch --- right? If it looks too good to be true, then.............................
I can assure you there is NO catch. I have dealt with Creek Co. for a number of years-the owners are CO boys who live in Steamboat and work their tails off for good equipment and their customers both at the dealer level and user level.
I have an ODC from them (as does my brother, dad, and 2 freinds) and they REALLY stand behind their products to keep the customer happy.
Very stand up Colorado company.!!!!
Great deal- as they continue to improve their toons each year.

I can resist everything except temptation.
Mickey62060 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Would you guys recommend the manual or automatic pump. It's only a $4 difference and I can't see a time where I would be pumping it up away from my car.

MANUAL
http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdis...&Cat=3&Cat1=10

Electric
hatchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchmaster
Would you guys recommend the manual or automatic pump. It's only a $4 difference and I can't see a time where I would be pumping it up away from my car.

MANUAL

Electric
If you get an electric just make sure the PSI is high enough as* some of the cheap electric pumps barely have enough power to inflate the pontoon.

I bought a manual pump from sportsmans which can pump up to 14 psi.

Personally, I prefer a manual pump especially since you can strap it to your pontoon boat and have available in an emergency. There was a time* where I was in my pontoon and it was 50 degrees and a freak fog/ice storm came in and the air temp. dropped down to the 30's. As a result of the sudden air loss, my pontoon bladders seemed as if they lost half of the air. Since I lost a bulk of the air, I couldn't row very well and had to turn my motor off to keep the prop from hitting the bladder. Fortunately, I was able to get to shore and add some more air.

michael in parker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

The manual double-action hand pumps or foot pumps work great, and are light weight.* I can inflate each pontoon in about 2 minutes, and I'm not a particularly big or strong guy.* When I go on extended trips I strap a foot-pump to the rear deck for the same reason that Michael in Parker does...good for emergency inflation!

The double-action hand pump sold by Cabelas for about $22 works well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in