Three Lakes Tournament - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Three Lakes Tournament

Who is all going, and where are you fishing? Im thinking the grand slam might not be a bad thing to go after this year.
LakerAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Three Lakes Tournament

I heard Graby has/had been slow, but I didn't think NO ONE was going..
Old 01-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't know where we are fishing yet but we will be there, along with about 600 other people. There are a few of us from CF going.
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im not looking to find where to catch the big one(s), I know Granby well. I just wanted to see how many will be going? And where if they wanted to post.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here, I have another question regarding the tournament..

Who thinks they should have tournament officials to make runs on snowmobile, or what have you, to BIG fish, ones that are landed and ready to be measured. So they may be released and have a better chance of living. The toll on those old fish, even just reeling them in, is too much for them to survive otherwise.

Thoughts?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

i think thats a great idea, i know id stuggle with the dilema of releasing a big laker or taking the thousand bucks,
littlemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

But they would have to be quick, and walkie-talkies or a cell phone a must. Good thing there is cell service at G, unlike at GM with my phone. Not too many over 38 inches are landed each tourney, ..not anymore that an average weekend there. But a bucketload of 19.999 inchers are taken in. I don't even bother. I'll be in the raffle!
Friday is the day to be there. Not a lot of commotion, fishing usually good, Saturday is a total zoo! I'll prob be at WF that day!
Dloring... you're dreaming about 600 people. Maybe Friday, but Sat and Sun., more like 3000!
Good luck everyone going there, hope to meet some of you. I will be north and east of dike3, spawn sacs tied, tube jigs awaiting.
lake1177 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerAngler
I heard Graby has/had been slow, but I didn't think NO ONE was going..
Granby's always slow. Most people I've talked to, and some darn good anglers too, think the GS. That brown's gonna be the tough one. Bo Bo of size could be tough too. As far as a qualifying laker...kiss a grand goodbye. That fish belongs back in the lake, I honestly don't think I could kill that. I'm fishin with people this weekend that have cashed checks before. Browns and kokes, when kokes were a prize. I suck....so I just hope to catch a fish.
colonative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1177
But they would have to be quick, and walkie-talkies or a cell phone a must. Good thing there is cell service at G, unlike at GM with my phone. Not too many over 38 inches are landed each tourney, ..not anymore that an average weekend there. But a bucketload of 19.999 inchers are taken in. I don't even bother. I'll be in the raffle!
Friday is the day to be there. Not a lot of commotion, fishing usually good, Saturday is a total zoo! I'll prob be at WF that day!
Dloring... you're dreaming about 600 people. Maybe Friday, but Sat and Sun., more like 3000!
Good luck everyone going there, hope to meet some of you. I will be north and east of dike3, spawn sacs tied, tube jigs awaiting.
Are you bringing your snowmobile? Too much of a hassle?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Good luck, colonative! Hint: go to Shadow Mountain for the brown. Don't tell anyone else!
Look for us at Granby Friday, I will be in a red coat. Stop by!

I won't be taking it for two reasons: The beast wouldn't start. (? 27 miles on it.), and I heard there is an awful lot of slush on the lake.

I will try it again tomorrow. If not, it is still under warranty. Bad gas? Put stabilizer in her, backfired Sunday. Not a good sign!
lake1177 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in