Colorado Walleye Association - North Chapter Meeting Last Night - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Colorado Walleye Association - North Chapter Meeting Last Night

Don in Denver and I went to the North Chapter meeting last night in Berthoud...it was a bit off the beaten track for us but well worth the drive...Travis (Eye Hunter) won the raffle...spent ten bucks and got a $150 trolling rod and reel...other people won lures...DID and I got the skunk...big surprise there...they have lots of exciting things coming up and later I will post their itererary for the year in the Announcements section...they have a banquet coming up where you can win the fish finder of your dreams (raffle) so someone will walk out with it, the All Eyes on Walleyes event is scheduled for Jefferson County Fairgrounds in March and is well worth the $5 (if you bring a kid you get in free) and there will be door prizes and more information than you can imagine...plus walleye tournaments and get togethers...but back to last night....

There was probably about 35 people in attendance...some from here Wanzek, Ogers, Travis, one other name that escapes me right now...its hell getting old...lots of laughs, information sharing, and PASSION for the sport, they also had an awesome seminar on bottom bouncers by Jim I believe (correct me if I am wrong)...it is not a way I fish for them ever and he uses it to catch limits out of Lonetree...he has to rock if he can do that!...so I took lots of notes and now have a new method to try in the book of tricks...some things were really eye opening...it was an awesome seminar...thanks Jim!!!...he shared stuff his partner didnt want him too!...I am not sure what time it ended...maybe 9:30 or 10 and it started at the 7...it was worth the price of admission and then some...it was free...you dont even have to be a CWA member...they do mention joining but no hard used car salesman selling...they dont even harp on it...it was really well done by a great group of guys...I didnt get home until about 1 am...there is a beverage emporium across the street they go to afterwards and more walleye talk and fishing talk in general...

So if you want to learn about eyes, get involved in a club, or want to meet people...go to one of the CWA monthly meetings...they have this Northern one, a Central One (Denver), a Southern One (Colorado Springs), and even an eastern plains one I believe...It is FREE! The northern one meets the first Tuesday of every month at Bennetts Bait Store in Berthoud which is about 6 miles south of Loveland or take Exit 250 off of I-25 and go west 6 miles to Berthoud. You will go around a short curve and hit a stop sign and run into the main street that goes thru town...take a right and go North about a mile I think and turn left at the Conoco gas station...Bennetts Bait and Tackle is behind the gas station...IT IS WELL WORTH IT!!!...

Thanks for talking me into it on Sunday Scott!...and Don and I didnt kill each other...although Bernie did try over the phone...

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Don In Denver

Default Re: Colorado Walleye Association - North Chapter Meeting Last Night

Yep, it is a great group of folks. Thanks for the hospitality guys. Beautiful jigheads, Scott - the nicest I have ever seen, anywhere, from anyone.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah I forgot to mention the jigheads...will take some photos...and post them...
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had a great time meeting some new people and can't wait to get on the water to try some new tricks. I'm cleaning out and organizing my tackle and starting a shopping list. Scott very nice jigs.
walleyenator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

thanks for the report and the post on CWA . it's a great club and really nice people to get to know and talk with . they can provide a lot of great advice on catching walleye's . kinda surprising when you go to a meeting there are no secrets kept, there all revealed !! the next CENTRAL meeting is on Feb 21st. at 7pm. location is 6060 Broadway. DOW office off of 58th street. and I-25. west side of 1-25.
craigknws2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for coming guys.... I have to 86 Travis he is winning to much.
Like craigknws2 says the central chapter meeting is coming up don't miss it, all kinds of good stuff.... Check out the website for more details.

Again thanks everyone for coming it was fun.

Z I hope the jigs will put you over the top.. I can make you more if those don't work...lol

HOOKERJIGS.NET
wanzek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzek
I have to 69 Travis he is winning to much.
Do you mean 86?

Thanks Z. Sounds like a good time.
[me=JAY] [/me]
NeWcS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Another great meeting last night. Jim did a great seminar as always and was nice meeting Don and walleyenator and I won a husky jerk. Now if I can just get that trolling rod off Travis for $10 dollars all be happy.
ogerswalleye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Another great meeting with some excellent information provided. I will be trying bottom bouncers more this year, so the information was really invaluable. Winning the rod/reel was great as well. Good bunch of guys up north!

I will be placing a jig order as well, those things were almost too nice to fish with...LOL!! Looking forward to your presentation on how to make them Scott!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzek
Thanks for coming guys.... I have to 86 Travis he is winning to much.
He is one lucky sonufagun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in