RE: Boyd - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default RE: Boyd

Just wondering if anyone has been fishing Boyd? I'll probably hit it on Sat.

Jeff
Tipup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: RE: Boyd

Jeff, iced boyd on tues & weds both. No vex and hand auger but found some fat perch and a couple small white bass on bottom in 21fow just off a steep drop just north of the point where the main launch ramp is. got there late around noon and fished till dark. Trout seemed to be going well in 10-12fow between the ramp and the big metal buoy on minnows. Returned to the same 21fow spot at noon on weds, but no biters and got blown off the open part of the lake(fishing with my 3 & 1/2 yr old twin boys) They weren't ready to leave so we drilled a couple holes in 11fow just off the ramp and caught 4small perch and a total of 6 fat 'bows to 18inches on minnows there. The trout seemed to like the minnows jigged fairly aggressively 3-6feet off the bottom. Hope this helps. Ice was great, solid all the way out 8-10inches thick.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solesearcher34
Jeff, iced boyd on tues & weds both. No vex and hand auger but found some fat perch and a couple small white bass on bottom in 21fow just off a steep drop just north of the point where the main launch ramp is. got there late around noon and fished till dark. Trout seemed to be going well in 10-12fow between the ramp and the big metal buoy on minnows. Returned to the same 21fow spot at noon on weds, but no biters and got blown off the open part of the lake(fishing with my 3 & 1/2 yr old twin boys) They weren't ready to leave so we drilled a couple holes in 11fow just off the ramp and caught 4small perch and a total of 6 fat 'bows to 18inches on minnows there. The trout seemed to like the minnows jigged fairly aggressively 3-6feet off the bottom. Hope this helps. Ice was great, solid all the way out 8-10inches thick.
Were your twins both in a camo outfit? If so, they are pretty hard core. It was howling when I was driving around.
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was out there the other day. And took a picture of someone just out from the ramp. I posted it around here somewhere. I think 2 guys and a kid or two.
CBmtnmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, they were wearing their little camo parkas and bibs, dad was in his big black coveralls. They had a blast riding on top of the minnow bucket and lunch cooler while we crossed the lake. They were bugging me to take them to sportsman's until the first perch hit and then they didn't want to leave. They finally let us off the ice at about 5pm, then insisted on a half hour walk around sportsmans warehouse. They never cease to suprise me, maybe I'm just gettin soft.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

A buddy and I where at Boyd yesterday AM from about 7 AM to Noon. The ice conditions were horrible out 200 yeards out from the the jet ski ramp. Marking a bunch of fish early, had one bit and then pretty much nothing. Standing water in spots on the ice. 4 inches of ice where we first drilled. Closer to shore it gets back in the 8-10 inch range. Use cation when going out there. I should of sucked up the wind and blowing snow and went to Gross yesterday. At least the weather was nice.
"It is easy to grin, when your ship comes in and you have the stock market beat...but a man worth while, is a man who can smile, when his shorts aren't too right in the seat......ok Pooky, do the honors" -- Judge Smails
ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in