Larimer County Fishing Expo - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Larimer County Fishing Expo

Dropped by for the Friday night session. Not too bad, especially if you like boats. Some good seminars. Fishful Thinker was passing out bobbers, and there was a tank full of slimers for the kids to wear out. Some good vendors, and some that make you say 'whatever'. All in all, an event that needs some attendance to attract new exhibitors so it can grow. One big thing I noticed is the increase in fly fishing vendors over last year. There will be a fly casting 'target' competition on Sat. and Sun. Seriously, if your in the area, stop by. Fishing retailers in N. Colo. need to know we're interested so we can have these kind of opportunities to meet them all in one place. Also, check out what they are doing out at Swift Ponds to help out our youth. This is a big time commitment to the future of our sport.
Headbutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Larimer County Fishing Expo

You make a great point, Headbutt. Did you attend any of the seminars? CL
Old 04-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nah. Too many kids in tow for attending the seminars. I may go back on Sun. however if I get the chance.
Headbutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

We were out there today and it was better than the last time we went 2 years ago. My problem is too many boats and not enough regular vendors. Attended a boating safety class which was done very well. Did not get a chance to see other seminars though. They need to list a schedule of events in the paper for this as no where except the Larimer County website listed anything which has got to hurt exhibitors there and seminar attendance.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was out there today and attended Chad's seminar which was both entertaining and informative; took several pages of notes. He demonstrated casting and retrieving techniques on a number of different lures by casting them into a huge tank with rainbow trout in it. It was amusing (and surprising, too) to see how many grabbed onto his lure presentations and refused to let go. (Hooks clipped off of course.)

Also got to meet forum member Wanzek and snapped up a handful of his hand made jig heads. Those things are just beautiful, must be seen to be believed. Wanzek is a great guy to talk walleye fishing with.

I thought there was a decent mix of different types of exhibitors, and plenty of nice boats to drool over. The only thing the event lacked was sufficient publicity. Somebody needs to promote this event and not just leave it up to Larimer County, because they have no clue how to promote anything.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Walking Eagle, nice meeting you today and talking with you. Cannot wait to see how you do with the jigs. Thanks for the kind words on them I put alot of time and effort into them and I try hard to make them the most effective jigs out there.

Just got home a bit ago and man I am tired what a long day. fishfull Thinker has been there the whole time the last couple days too. So Chad hopefully you are getting some sleep too. At least we can sleep in a bit in the morning... But I might wake up early and go fishing.....lol

Look forwad to seeing you all there....

HOOKERJIGS.NET
wanzek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hey Walking Eagle, thanks for attending and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have a blast doing tank demos. Those trout love Gulp! I would have tossed you a Toyota Trucks hat but you look too cool in you own hat! Did you attend any of the other seminars? Dan Swanson's electronics seminar is full of excellent info; I get lot's of requests for this type of seminar and he's very good at it. He'll do it again today.

I tried to post an event schedule everywhere I could including in a previous post on CF, FishExplorer, Larimer.org, and the local papers. Its been tougher than I thought to get the word out. Its not my job per se, but I do have a vested interest in the event. If any of come out today, come say hi. Thanks! CL
Old 04-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

I forgot to add. If you get a chance to come up there is a guy there that does replicas.
He is called Replicas INC. The samples he has there are awesome. Come get his card.
You might not need it now but you never know when you are going to need it.

Hope to see you there.

HOOKERJIGS.NET
wanzek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in