Jumbo Reservoir (off I 76) - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jumbo Reservoir (off I 76)

Does anyone have any information on Jumbo Res. In the past a group of us have gone to Glendo for a week for camping and fishing. Both have become less than what we are used to. Does anyone have any information on Jumbo?

We liked camping on the beach at Glendo when we could and catfishing out there used to be great. We would like to find a place like this again.

Is Jumbo that place?
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just Ed

Default Re: Jumbo Reservoir (off I 76)

If you drive another hour up I-76 to I-80 you'll hit Lake MacConoughy - that's a place like Glendo

Jumbo has been drained and restocked a bunch over the past few years. They did a fish salvage a couple years ago where they transferred the fish to other lakes out east (Prewitt, Jackson, North Sterling). Not sure if the fishing has recovered yet but it is stocked with rainbows regularly.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I heard from the dow that there are lots of fish in Jumbo but most are under twelve inches except for the trout.
walleyenator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Don't know how the fishing is but some friends of mine take their ski boats and stay out there for a week at a time. They really like it due to not a lot of people like to drive that far and most of the week they pretty much have the lake to themseves, compared to lakes like Boyd or Chatty. North Sterling on a weekend is like one of the metro lakes on a bad weather day. If your lucky might be 20 boats on the lake on a weekend. It usually has some good fishin.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Go to McConaughy, fish late (really late) and catch Big Cats. Just be damn carefull with any alcohol, its not allowed on the lake.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TroutFishingBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish_al
Just be damn carefull with any alcohol, its not allowed on the lake.
What is it with all the retarded laws this country has these days? I thought it was the land of the FREE, not the land of hey, we're the government, let's use our gang the police to enforce our stupid ass rules on everyone.

[quote author=ptaft link=topic=42422.msg488400#msg488400 date=1236743995]
I say if it catches fish throw it!
[/quote]
TroutFishingBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

i only hear of stockers from that lake, though i want to try it again for the other fishes soon. i bet some are approach slap size.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFishingBear
Quote:
What is it with all the retarded laws this country has these days? I thought it was the land of the FREE, not the land of hey, we're the government, let's use our gang the police to enforce our stupid ass rules on everyone.
Too many 20 year olds getting f'ed up and running over people sleeping in tents on the beach...you act like morons and they get rid of it...
Old 05-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFishingBear
Quote:
Too many 20 year olds getting f'ed up and running over people sleeping in tents on the beach...you act like morons and they get rid of it...

With all due respect to everyone with similar opinions....You have nooooo idea how right you are. Absolutely.
Its a giant pain.
Geurnsey is worse and should not be visited at all ever ever ever ever.
I blame and attribute certain situations and peoples I wont go into; for sake of saving a CO forum upstart, for the reasons my favorite reservoir's have undergone ridiculous regulation changes over the past year.
Wyominites are FAR from perfect but we didnt eff it up for everyone else..'s all im sayin

....crap I just realised that was really off base and tangential. Im sorry ..crap

oh well its still getting posted. Muah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in