to everyone who thought education was a bad idea..... z-muscles - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
kurtopia

Default to everyone who thought education was a bad idea..... z-muscles

To everyone who thought enforcement vs. education was the answer.

Your wish has come true! Now our boatable bodies of water will just continue to dwindle and dwindle!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: to everyone who thought education was a bad idea..... z-muscles

Elaborate Kurt...What's the latest?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtopia

Your wish has come true! Now our boatable bodies of water will just continue to dwindle and dwindle!
if it makes you grumpy, than it is good at least folks are thinking about it!

and i never said 1 VS the other. both need to be address. one with out the other is meaningless

Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat i
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:

Did I miss something, or does this not quite make sense. Are you saying that enforsement is better or worse.

I had to go through some hoops at BLue Mesa, but no big deal. What is your point?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Point is, alot of lakes are closed to boating now... 11-mile has been added to the list.... As of now, no boats allowed......
fishinwithlund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
kurtopia

the big deal is Antero is closed to boats, 11 mile is currently closed to boats, they are talking about limited boat access to spinney now.

Enforcement does not work, Education works.

Somewhere on the Z-muscle discussions someone said "colorado is following the lead of minnesota" Well, sorry, they are not. Minnesota does not inspect at all their lakes, very, very few in fact. and those that they cant inspect, they sure dont "shut down", they depend on education and the fact that the users of their resourses are responsible.

So, does the guy that lives right next to a reservoir, who only fishes that reservoir get both his fishing license fee and boat registration fee, trailer registration fee and his paid boat insurance back from the D.O.W. for the year?

This whole thing has snowballed out of control, on a political, administrative and bureaucratic level, with no concern or consideration to the citizens who pay their salaries and provide the money to maintain and have these beautiful places we are supposed to enjoy.

Thank god i will be in Wisconsin for 10 days in june, with the ability to police myself, and I guarantee you, i will be on more than 15 lakes in those 10 days. All self governed, and where there are potential problems a hose for me to use on my own honor! Too bad i will only be there for 10 days, there are over 1,000 named lakes just in Vilas County itself where I will be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow....that is too bad if true but Kurt I don't think anyone one this site has ever said they favored Enforcement OVER Education. I think some people have just tried to defend some of the decisions the DOW and other agencies are making against some very inflamitory remarks about them made by some people on this site.

Hopefully all of the decisions being made now are just a temporary over reaction until these agencies can find more sustainable solutions.
bferg_80002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't mean to pry or nothing, but are there meetings that you have gone to where the decisions are made on these issues, Kurt? Have you told this to the DOW?
koldkut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I believe in this case enforcement prior to education is a must. If we count on people to be honest and check their own stuff it'll turn into an epidemic. Because the Colorado zebra mussel scare is in it's infancy, closing places temporarily to educate is the best bet.

just my .02

ICE FISHING KICKS A$$!

Beer, Bait & Ammo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
the big deal is Antero is closed to boats, 11 mile is currently closed to boats, they are talking about limited boat access to spinney now.

Enforcement does not work, Education works.

Somewhere on the Z-muscle discussions someone said "colorado is following the lead of minnesota" Well, sorry, they are not. Minnesota does not inspect at all their lakes, very, very few in fact. and those that they cant inspect, they sure dont "shut down", they depend on education and the fact that the users of their resourses are responsible.

So, does the guy that lives right next to a reservoir, who only fishes that reservoir get both his fishing license fee and boat registration fee, trailer registration fee and his paid boat insurance back from the D.O.W. for the year?

This whole thing has snowballed out of control, on a political, administrative and bureaucratic level, with no concern or consideration to the citizens who pay their salaries and provide the money to maintain and have these beautiful places we are supposed to enjoy.

Thank god i will be in Wisconsin for 10 days in june, with the ability to police myself, and I guarantee you, i will be on more than 15 lakes in those 10 days. All self governed, and where there are potential problems a hose for me to use on my own honor! Too bad i will only be there for 10 days, there are over 1,000 named lakes just in Vilas County itself where I will be.

Kurt, Now I understand your point. My question was asked because if you read your original post not having been a part of previous ones, it makes little sense. I actually agree with you that education is a very effective tool. I also think that starting tough with threats and lake closings will get the word out and get people more inclined to follow the rules. JMO.

I agree with the idea that we all want our freedoms, I live three blocks from the entrance to the Pueblo Res for goodness sake, I am going to feel it big time. I also think that in time the DOW and the political arses will come to reasonable solutions. For now, we should cooperate. It took the DOW 20 minutes to clean my boat at Blue Mesa this weekend. Not too painfull. They did it for free and they cleaned my hull and trailer real well. Did they accomplish anything? I think so. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Lastly I will say, following Minn or Wisconsin may not be the best idea, they have some of the worst problems with these things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in